¿Cómo obtener una cita médica en el ISSSTE en México?
Mexico has several entities responsible for Social Security Services, in this case we will talk about ISSSTE, we will tell you a little about its history and its meaning, also how you can process a medical consultation at ISSSTE and what is the top-up prescription.
What is ISSSTE?
O Institute of Social Security and Services for State Workers (ISSSTE) is a Mexican government agency responsible for much of the health and social security of civil servants and their families.
A LITTLE BIT OF HIS STORY AND BEGINNING
At the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico, then President Adolfo López Mateos announces that he will present the initiative of The law that would give rise to the State Workers’ Welfare and Social Assistance Institute was discussed, approved and published in the Official Gazette of the Federation on December 30, 1959, by the then-called General Directorate of Civil Welfare and Retirement, it was transformed, in 1960, into ISSSTE.
The ISSSTE Law became the first law to have a comprehensive view of social security, covering health, social benefits, cultural and economic benefits. Since its inception, this institution will be responsible for the benefits for families and workers and to this day remains the case.
To fulfill its functions, the Institute started to acquire private hospital units. These units started meeting the initial demand that required numerous adaptations or extensions from the beginning.
In 1960, ISSSTE served 129 thousand 512 workers, 11 thousand 912 retirees and 346 thousand 318 family members, that is, a total of 487 thousand 742 beneficiaries being beneficiaries of the 14 benefits.
Benefits offered to your affiliates
- Maternity and non-occupational health insurance.
- Workplace accident insurance
- Occupational disease insurance.
- Offer to improve the technical and cultural aspect of the employee and others that promote forms of socialization of the worker and his family.
- Credits for the acquisition of real estate (houses or land) so that the worker can live with his family
- Rent of modest rooms owned by the institute.
- Mortgage loans.
- Short-term loans.
- Old age insurance.
- Disability insurance.
- Death insurance.
- Global remuneration.
- It grants insurance and benefits in accordance with the programs approved for it.
- Express the verdicts that know the right to pensions.
- Determine, monitor, collect and collect amounts of fees and contributions, as well as other resources of the institute, with regard to retirement insurance, unemployment in old age and old age. The total value of the corresponding fees and contributions will be made through the systems or computer programs determined by the National Commission for the Retirement Savings System.
- Invest reserve funds based on Mexican law.
- Obtain or transfer the movable and immovable property necessary to achieve any purpose.
- Establish the structure of the administrative units, as well as their operation according to the budget granted.
- Manage insurance, benefits and services indicated by law.
- Disseminate social prevention knowledge and practices.
- Dictate the regulations for the correct internal organization and respective provision of all services.
- Other duties assigned by law.
How do I request my online consultation?
For many people, scheduling appointments online becomes a problem, we want you to be able to do this easily, so here is a step-by-step explanation.
Collections or documents
- Be in force and registered at the corresponding clinic.
- Federal Taxpayer Registry (RFC)
- Unique Population Registration Code (CURP)
CONSIDER: Medical appointments can only be scheduled within the next five business days. Provided that each medical unit has availability.
Steps to follow
STEP 1: Enter the following web page. medical appointment
The following image will help you to get an idea of what you will see on the screen when doing the procedure.
Fill in the form with the following information:
- Worker RFC and CURP number
- Full name of the person requesting the ISSSTE Appointment (It can be the same worker or a family member).
After completing this step, click on the «search» option, as shown in the image:
STEP 2: Expiration date.
The system will ask you to validate your data, if they are correct click where it says «RFC»
STEP 3: Select your appointment.
When your data is validated, you must select the appointment. Scheduling day and time.
As you are sure that you will schedule your medical appointment at ISSTE, do the following:
- Indicates whether it is a first appointment or a second appointment.
- Select what type of query you are going to process
- You can view a calendar and then select the date of your appointment (in the image below you will see an example of the calendar that will appear on the web page, if you see the color red it means that there are no hours available while the different shades of blue indicate availability)
- Select the schedule according to your convenience.
STEP 4: Process our commitment.
If you have already verified your data, chosen the date and time of your appointment, now you have to process it. For that you must click on the button «PROCESS COMMITMENT» by doing this and the commitment is programmed.
The system will provide you with a commitment code and you must keep it. If you wish, you can print the file with all the minors of your medical appointment. On your computer screen you should see an image like the one we left for you below
STEP 5: Book your appointment.
This step is not mandatory for schedule your ISSSTE medical consultation online.
If you forget and have not noted the date and date of your appointment when entering the site, you can do so through the following link: Medical appointment
When entering the link you can consult the minors of your consultation.
You will need to enter the appointment key you created earlier and select the «search» button
How to request consultation by phone?
Steps to follow
If you have trouble entering and making your appointment online, you can do so over the phone by following the steps below:
- Call from Mexico City and Metropolitan Area to the number 4000 1000 option 1, if you are calling from another part of Mexico, add (0155) and request your telephone medical consultation According to availability.
- Provide your RFC or CURP and full name
- You must select the day and time you wish to make the appointment according to the availability of the Medical Unit schedules you have designated.
- Write down on paper and pencil the password, day and time of the consultation, this way it is safer and you will not forget when you should go to the medical clinic and you will not forget the password to which you should be given access.
- Go to the medical center with the consultation code, you must present it in the file.
What is the refill prescription?
If you want to enjoy this benefit that ISSSTE offers you, the main thing is that you have the review and approval of your doctor.
It is a program that Institute of Social Security and Services for State Workers It consists of providing the insured with medication for a period of 3 months, without the need for the person to go to monthly medical appointments.
Patients with diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, etc. can join this benefit.
How to apply online?
When you are already enrolled in the clinical program after your doctor’s approval (refill prescription), you can schedule and schedule your medical appointment in advance, (you can do it about 90 days in advance). therefore, they can make a new assessment.
For schedule medical consultation at ISSSTE online for refill prescription, you must enter the following address: Refill prescription medical consultation
After inserting the link, you will be on the website page, now you must click on the option «Schedule Consultation» (top left) and fill out the form shown in the following image:
We hope this information is useful for you and that you can start enjoying the benefits of this noble institution called ISSSTE.
! We will read soon!
If you liked this article about Medical consultation at ISSSTE We recommend the following related articles: