Cómo saber cuánto debo de luz: Todo lo que necesitas saber
Energuate is a company that besides supplying energy electricity for most departments in Guatemala. Do you want to know how much you owe for the light? Keep reading!
What is ENERGUATE in Guatemala?
In Guatemala, the acronym ENERGUATE, means Energy from Guatemala; and it is the main electricity distributor in the country. It distributes energy in 20 of the 22 departments in Guatemala.
It is also important to mention that it was previously called Distribuidora de Electricidad de Occidente, SA (DEOCSA) and Distribuidora de Electricidad de Oriente SA (DEORSA). Its goal is to serve customers better.
However, this company follows the guidelines issued by the National Electrification Institute, an entity linked to the Ministry of Mines and Energy.
How do I check my electricity bill?
To check my electricity bill, I must first have the data updated. This update can be done in several ways:
- You must first visit one of the Customer Service Offices to ENERGIZE.
- Or also calling phone number (502) 2385-2222. Always showing your NIS number.
- Through the Internet enter the page.
- So there send the NIS number, name, phone number, and email information.
- You can also do this via email from the ENERGUATE customer service office.
- As soon as your data is updatedYou can verify your electricity bill by visiting the page https://oficinavirtual.energuate.com/mifactura.
- In turn, you enter your NIS number and the page will reflect your detailed invoice.
- In addition, you can also do this by visiting one of the ENERGY customer service offices, or by calling (502) 2385-222
What is NIS ENERGUATE?
NIS ENERGUATE, is the Supply Identification Number, assigned by the Company to all people who have electricity service in Guatemala.
Further, this supply identification number You must submit it to request information about your invoice or to cancel it.
It should be noted that to get faster attention and safe when requesting the service by calling (502) 2385-2222 and also informing your location if you need to make a complaint or request.
Steps to follow to pay my electricity bill
Paying the electricity bill It can be done directly at the ENERGUATE SAC, in some stores selected by the company for this purpose; if you do it this way, you should submit your NIS number or make the process easier online.
- If paying your invoice You do this online you must enter the page https://oficinavirtual.energuate.com/pagoenlinea.
- We can also select the bank where the payment will be made. But first you must ask for your username and password. You can pay by credit card or debit card.
- So you do the whole process which is indicated on the bank page and you wait for the payment receipt to be displayed on the screen.
Can you read your monthly electricity consumption meter?
To read your consumption meter of electricity, you must first know the type of your meter, whether it is Metric Cycle or Needles; and follow these instructions:
That is, if the counter is Metric Cycle; You write down the current reading, from that reading you subtract the reading from the previous month, which is your consumption for the current month.
Current reading ………………… ..11,230 kWh.
Reading last month …………… 11,120 kWh.
Current total consumption ………… .110 kWh.
Or on the contrary, if the counter is Agulhas, you’ll see five clock images and each of these images will mark a number with your needles. You must add each of the indicated numbers and this is the current reading.
So, in that current reading You subtract the previous month’s reading and it is your consumption for the current month. Example:
First needle gifts a reading of…. ………… 3,000 kWh.
Second needle shows a reading of …… .. ……… .2,280 kWh.
Third needle presents a reading of ……. ……….… 1,800 kWh.
Fourth Needle shows a reading of… .. ……… ..… .. 3,230 kWh.
Fifth needle shows a reading of ………………… 1,694 kWh.
So, adding all these numbers gives 12,004 kWh, which is your current reading.
So, from this reading, you subtract the one from the previous month which is 11,420 kWh, gives you your total consumption for the month, which is 684 kWh.
How to read my electricity bill?
In your electricity bill, you will find the following data:
- O data of the company that distributes the energy electric.
- Your full name, your address, your Supply Identification Number, NIS and the invoice issue date.
- Total payable and due date of the payment, your energy consumption in the month.
- Your payment history; if you paid before or on the day indicated, or if, on the contrary, you were late in payment.
- The billing concept: the monthly fee with VAT, the energy consumption with VAT, the INDE contribution to the Social Tax with VAT, Rounding Adjustment (-) VAT, Rounding of the previous month without VAT.
- The subtotal payable.
- The rate of public lighting imposed by the Municipality
- The total to pay.
To read your invoice
1 First you must identify your electricity consumption.
2.- Then for you multiply that electricity consumption for your rate plus VAT.
3.- Later, for you will add or subtract this result:
- The flat rate with VAT, established by the National Electric Energy Commission.
- The subsidy granted by the National Electrification Institute, which has been the Contribution to the Social Tax with ICMS.
- Rounding adjustment without VAT.
- Previous month’s rounding without VAT.
- The result is your electric power consumption the month.
- To this result, you add the lighting charge public indicated by the City Hall, and you will have the total amount to be paid in the month.
- Current payment rate of light.
Supply Q / month
Q / kWh
Social Fee (INDE contribution to the Social Tax).
Price without VAT
Price with VAT
Fixed Q client
Q month supply
By energy Q kWh
From 0 to 60 ………………… Q / kWh .. …………… .Q 0.50 …………… ..Q 0.56
From 61 to 88 ……………… ..Q / kWh .. …………… .Q 0.78 …………… ..Q 0.88
From 89 to 100 ……………… .Q / kWh ……………… ..Q 1.71 ………… ..… .Q 1.82
From 101 to 130 ………. …… Q / kWh. …………….… Q 1.82 ……………… .Q 2.04.
How do I request a new electricity service?
To request a new electricity service before ENERGUATE,
- You must first know whether the installation For which you are requesting the service, it meets the conditions established in the Technical Installation Standards, and if there is a connection that is connected to the distribution network.
- Then you order the accountant. The deadline for installation is 28 days.
- You go to a customer service office ENERGY, to request and sign the Electricity Supply contract; with the following documents:
- The Supply Identification Number from the neighboring house.
- Photocopy of an identification document.
- Photocopy of document proving the ownership of the property for which you are requesting the service.
- If the connection is in a private sectorYou must present the authorization from the owner and a photocopy of your identification document.
If you liked this article about How to know how much I owe for electricity in Guatemala We recommend the following related articles: