Cómo saber cuánto IVA debo pagar: Certificado de Exclusión de IVA
As you well know, part of the state’s support It comes from different taxes or tax rates. Since these are pre-established in the local laws of each country.
This system of collection and support from the state has been implemented over the years. In your turn manages to be one of the main methods administration and sustainability for a country.
It is usually applied within the prices or costs of an item or object that we want to buy or rent. And declaring goods and services to the state.
In Argentina, these taxes are generally called CUBA and it is the main one to be able to maintain the country with regard to its economy. That’s why today we’re going to show you a simple and practical guide for processing the VAT Exclusion Certificate in Argentina.
What is VAT and what does it mean?
To start with this topic you need to deal with all the terms, so you should know what it means CUBA. These are the initials of value-added tax or also called value-added tax.
This, as its name specifies, is a tax which is attributed or taxed to the producers or objects we wish to purchase. The price of this plus the percentage of the tax on the total cost is used for registration with the tax authorities.
In addition, this tax generally covers a 40% resources obtained to support the State or nation. With it, it is possible to maintain public goods such as squares, public roads, among others.
How to know how much VAT should I pay in Argentina
Generally, when making a purchase or rent within the Argentine country, an invoice is granted. it is it will let you know what the current cost of VAT is applied for the final price of that item.
In turn, it also allows and a more structured form conceptualized each of the quotations and costs within the final payment of the product. That’s why we can know what the current cost CUBA.
It is important to mention that the sum of VAT to the total or net cost of the product is generally equal or equalized in the same way for all products. Even so, there may be variations depending on the type of product you want to buy.
What are VAT exempt products
In case you don’t know, different countries in the world take the well-being of their inhabitants seriously. In this way, they began to take various measures on taxes for their inhabitants.
Recently in Argentina the initiative was taken to exempt some of his products CUBA so that the price is more affordable. The articles to which this rule was applied belong to the basic basket.
In the following, we will mention the products that are exempt from CUBA:
- Sunflower Oil and belated mixtures.
- Dry Pasta.
- Wheat flour.
- Cooked Corn Meal.
- Dough or bread crumbs.
- Mate herb.
- Mate tea.
- Canned fruits, vegetables and legumes.
It is important that you keep in mind that not all the basic basket products of food they are exempt in CUBA. Only those mentioned above maintain this rule.
What is VAT exclusion?
We already mentioned what CUBA And what is this tax for? The Argentine government for predestined a service that works to exclude or release citizens from paying this tax.
As these costs are currently very high for some people, this service has been enabled. However, remember that exclusion will simply allow citizens not to do or exempt themselves from paying CUBA.
Recalls that The CUBA is a tax added to the final price of a product is intended for the capital of the government or state. It is also used for the execution of public works and their maintenance.
How to obtain the VAT exclusion certificate
To start the process, it is extremely important that you are clear about the VAT exclusion certificate. It is simply an accreditation or recognition granted by the government.
This will allow you to have a total or partial exclusion of VAT collectionAs well as payments of withholding regimes CUBA. It should be noted that in order to process this certificate, you must meet certain requirements and steps to do so correctly.
To process the certificate, you must meet the following tasks or requirements to successfully perform it:
- Cover correctly with the responsible or representative registered in the Value-added tax (VAT).
- Document that records all economic activities carried out by the applicant (updated if applicable).
- Keep the domicile or residence declared for tax purposes up to date.
- Comply with the mandatory reporting duties VAT tax returns. These will correspond to the last 12 fiscal years or which, if applicable, they must present since the beginning of the activity and which have expired before the application date. *
- Have no debts or penalties with respect to AFIP required on the date of application.
- Have a balance available for free, which should be equivalent to twenty%, at least, the average tax calculated in the last 12 tax returns.
- Have the Print authorization code (CAI), this must be valid when requesting the process.
- Submit a mandatory statement with the information set out in the General Resolution 3293 and the complement. This according to the last fiscal period that expired before the application date.
The requirement leading to the end * it means it will apply statements of social security resources, income tax, presumed minimum income and personal assets.
Steps to follow
To process this certification, you must follow the instructions or steps that we will describe below:
- The first step is to request through an online transfer of data through the official website of the AFIP. You select the option Access with tax code in the service section “Received Exclusion Certificates / VAT Received and Received VAT Exclusion Certificates – Customs”.
- After the previous step is completed, the web system will provide a receipt that will be the acknowledgment of receipt.
- To finish 2 days later You have to log in again to see the results of the process.
To enter the AFIP select the following link: AFIP official website.
See the VAT exclusion certificate
As mentioned earlier, this certificate can be consulted by accessing the official AFIP page. There you will login with your tax code and the VAT Exclusion Certificate will automatically appear on the screen.
Finally, remember to take into account all the requirements mentioned above and, thus, avoid possible inconvenience when requesting it. In addition, it will streamline the procurement process.
If you liked this article about How to know how much VAT to pay We recommend the following related articles: