¿Cómo tramitar el certificado de antecedentes penales en Perú?
Regardless of whether you are turkey citizen or foreigner, you know very well that the criminal record certificate it is an extremely important document.
It not only verifies our absence of convictions or crimes, but it also facilitates the procedure of many other procedures. In turn, the process to achieve this is also quite simple, although you must take into account the requirements, cases that can be presented and, most importantly, answer your questions about this document.
Therefore, and to make your life a little easier, we present:
How to process the criminal record certificate in Peru.
What is the criminal record certificate?
The certificate of criminal record It is an official document that declares the absence or absence of sentences or convictions caused by the execution of a crime in your file, issued by the judicial authorities of each country, in our case, the authorities of Peru.
Who issues the document?
In the case of Peru, the criminal record certificate is issued by Peruvian Judiciary, electronically or in person.
What is it for?
As a certified document, it helps you perform many other personal procedures, such as to apply for a job, to apply for a Visa, to leave the country, acquire real estate.
It is a certificate that shows whether you have been convicted or convicted of a crime in the past, whether you have been deprived of liberty, whether you have served your sentence and the condition of freedom you have, whether conditional or permanent.
How to achieve this?
As an applicant, if you need to complete the criminal record certificate (with express use for the presence of national territory), you have two options:
- You or the person you leave in charge of the paperwork should make payment at Banco de la Nación or any other authorized banking institution. Thus, the procedure is formalized within the scope of the Judiciary.
- OR you can perform the entire procedure at any bank branch (authorized entities in which savings or credit card transactions and dollar purchases and sales are made at the current exchange rate), where you make the payment and the commission established by the Bank to perform the service, which is normally no more than 15.00 or 10.00 soles. Both procedures and certificates are issued by the corresponding agency.
This service is only available to Peruvian citizens of legal age, who have a valid identity document.
If the request is made to obtain a certificate of criminal record for use abroad, you should go to the offices of the Judiciary.
If, on the other hand, you prefer to start the process electronically, you must comply with the payment established and fill in the fields making Click here.
Since you’re going to do it this way, there are a few things to consider:
- If you register and do the procedure hereby You must also attend the offices of the National Registry of Convictions with your identity in order to verify your identity before you can download the electronic criminal record certificate (which it’s the same documentbut in PDF format so you can download it)
- One of the few delays in your process can come from the resemblance of your name to that of another user.
- For this reason, the system should search and check more carefully, which can take up to 20 minutes.
- If you make the request outside of the established hours, your response will be generated on the next business day.
- Original of the National Identity Document (DNI), if you are a Peruvian citizen, Y if you are a foreigner, any identification document, such as passport or immigration card approved and reviewed by the Republic.
- Proof of the corresponding payment (52.80 soles) to the criminal record certificate, the payment of which must be made at the Banco de la Nación or, on the other hand, at any authorized public entity.
- In case you, as holder or applicant, are abroad, the authorized user must present a power of attorney granted by a notary or consulate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The DNI of the responsible legal person.
- If you are a foreigner or a foreigner, you must bring a passport-sized photo with a white background.
Steps to follow
If you prefer to perform the procedure in a face to face, these are the steps you should follow:
- Make your payment of 52.80 soles to be able to access the procedure. There are several ways to do this, from paying it online with a credit or debit card through Web portal, until you go to National Bank or to any of the bodies that have a system for issuing that certificate.
- Pay the service fee of 10.00 soles required by the Banco de la Nación.
- Proceed with your request: you can approach the Judiciary offices or at a Better Citizen Call Center with your identity, passport, immigration card or your preferred identity document and the payment certificate for the processing right.
- If you send a third party to do this for you, they must first present the documents mentioned above.
- You have completed the process! You can withdraw your criminal record when you apply.
- Even so, we remember the delay you may experience for names similar to yours. It shouldn’t take more than 20 or 30 minutes! Be strong.
If, on the other hand, you are going to make the request electronically and therefore obtain the electronic criminal record certificate, you must do the following:
- Enter the Judiciary Power Page
- Click on the option that tells you «Criminal record».
- Enter the «Electronic Certificate of Criminal Records Online».
- Choose «New procedure».
- Below are the conditions established by the Peruvian Judiciary regarding the procedure. Click «Accept» if you agree with them.
- Then, you have the boxes where you must place your personal data to validate them.
- Now you can choose the headquarters where you prefer your case to be processed and press continue.
- If you made the payment through a Banco de la Nación branch or the Multired Virtual payment service, click on «Payment at Banco de la Nación».
- Then select «Send request».
- When recording the payment, you can quickly view the transaction information.
- Finally, with all the above items completed, go to a page that shows your name, the procedure number assigned to you and the result of your request.
As we mentioned earlier that your payment can be made through a financial agency, it seems consistent to point out all that we can (even if only in the case of Lima):
- The Central Bank of Reserve of Peru, located at Jr. Antonio Miró Quesada 441-445, CERCADO DE LIMA (phone: +511 613 2000)
- Banco de la Nación, located at Avenida República de Panamá 3664. SAN ISIDRO (phone: +511 519 2000)
- Banco de Crédito del Perú, located at Cal. Centenario Nro. 156 LA MOLINA (phone: +511 311 9898)
- Continental Bank, whose address is Av. República de Panama Nro. 3055 SAN ISIDRO (phone: +511 2111260)
- Banco Interbank, located in Jirón Carlos Villarán 140 – LA VICTORIA (phone: +511 219 2000)
- Scotiabank Bank, located at Av. Diagonal, 176 – MIRAFLORES (phone: +511 311 6000 or +511 242 3797)
- The Inter-American Finance Bank, whose address is Av. Ricardo Rivera Navarrete Nro. 600 – SAN ISIDRO (phone: +511 211 3000)
- The Bank of Commerce, located at Av. Canaval y Moreyra, 452 – SAN ISIDRO (phone: +511 513 6000)
- Banco Financiero del Perú, under the direction of Av. Ricardo Palma Nro. 278 – MIRAFLORES (phone: +511 612 2222)
- Citibank, located at Av. Canaval y Moreyra 498 – SAN ISIDRO (phone: +511 215 2000)
How long is it valid?
The criminal record certificate is valid for 90 days.
How can I pay for the procedure?
You have several options for making your payment:
- You can pay online through the pay with credit or debit card platform.
- Through any of the Banco de la Nación, Multired Agent or Multired Virtual offices.
The cost is 52.80 soles and you must present your voucher when approaching the Judicial Registry or to enter your payment code if you do this digitally. If I need to leave the country / my residence already established in another territory, do I need it to be apostille or legalized?
If the circumstance justifies assigning the Hague handout to your certificate, you must notify the Judicial Registry so that it can be sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or a consular establishment.
Can the procedure be processed at a MAC center?
Of course! You can come any day of the week before 16:30.
How long does it take in this case?
About 20 or 30 minutes if you do it at the time indicated above.
What if I do this after that time?
Well, then it will be delivered to you the next business day.
Well, can I do that at these centers if I am a foreigner?
Unfortunately not. This is a service that until now is only available to Peruvian citizens.
What does the (electronic) criminal record certificate look like if there is a record and if there is none?
Here we present how the certificates should be when they are digitally issued, so that you can orient yourself a little with the result:
With your doubts resolved, the procedure explained and your function emphasized, we can rest assured, thinking that you have all the tools to access your criminal record certificate in Peru.
If you liked this article about Criminal record We recommend the following related articles: