¿Cómo tramitar los antecedentes penales en Chile?
Often, in order to choose a job, we are asked for many requirements to check our skills, identity and even health. However, there is one that is as frequent as it is useful.
O criminal record it works to find out if a person is free from a criminal record and gives general information about their convictions, information about their possession.
Any employer wants to know if his future employee has participated in criminal activities, or if a person wants to join an institution of the state or the Armed Forces. That’s why today we’re going to show you how to process your criminal record in Chile.
What is a criminal record?
O criminal record, It is the information regarding the final judicial sentences for any crime or infraction that a citizen may have.
O criminal record It is, therefore, a document that collects this information in a practical, proven and therefore secure way so that it can mobilize it for different purposes.
It also collects everything related to the fact that the person has been deprived of liberty in some way and fulfilled the established penalties. If you have fulfilled them, the conditions of freedom that apply to you.
What is this certificate for?
Since he criminal record It shows the existence of judicial sentences and their enforcement by those who require them. They can be ordered for all types of circumstances: for the purchase of a commercial asset, the creation of a company or simply for the choice of specialized work or not.
In Chile there are currently 4 categories where the criminal record certificate is classified according to the procedure or use for which it is requested:
- Type A: This is necessary to obtain or renew a license or permission to drive any motor vehicle. You can buy it online or at an Civil Registry, and works strictly for each municipality, see, the area where you live or where the car is registered.
- Type B: You can request this if you want to apply for an administrative position at public institutions, such as the Public administration, a Municipal administration, a Semifiscal Administrationany Autonomous Administration Institution, research bodies Investigations and Gendarmerie and to any position within the sections of the Armed force Chilean.
- Type C: what is most requested is for the owner’s general use. It is used for when you apply for jobs not related to public administration, in general, in the private sector, and for businesses that require specialized training.
- Type D: when it is an institution that requests your criminal record certificate, either for a hire or other extensions. It is defined that it is for ‘special purposes’ for this reason.
- For fund certificates type A and BIt is the institution that requests the document for the individual.
- For standard background certificates C and DIt is the holder who must carry out the procedure, or at least a third party who represents it, provided that he / she presents a power of attorney for the purpose or general mandate that grants him such power.
In addition, there is the cancellation of criminal records, which is another procedure that can be very useful.
In it, individuals convicted of Penal Code Chileans whose sentences have expired can request the Ministry of Justice to remove their records from the public register, so that, when they obtain this certificate, their crimes appear to be non-existent.
The process is carried out through Central Register of Prisoners and Rebels, where the data of the convicted person, the type of crime and the deadlines that must elapse so that not only the sentence is served, but also can be eliminated from the system, enter. That done, you may be asked to cancel your criminal record.
This entire procedure must be through a report delivered by the Judge or court who handed down the sentence, after fulfilling the conditions of each case (such as meeting deadlines by type of crime, among other requirements).
Who issues it?
O criminal record It is a document issued by Civil Registry and Identity Service, through the offices of the Civil Registry or the consular offices of Chile in all corners of the world.
Who can sue you?
This procedure is intended for any citizen over 14 years who has their wallet or Chilean identity document.
That is, the Civil Registry is open to the ‘active’ population to obtain their criminal record, almost without requirements and free depending on the process.
Citizens who are not in the national territory can still request their issuance in chile consulate, so that your order reaches the main office, and passes through the consular offices with the required stamps and signatures.
How is it obtained?
This procedure can be obtained throughout the year through the Civil Registry and any of your offices depending on your address.
Since it contains private information, the criminal record It can only be requested by the holder of said data, by the institution that uses it (with prior confirmation of the referred connection) or by a third party as a legal representative with a power of attorney.
The main tool for verifying the user’s identity is the Unique key, which can be obtained by anyone over 14 years of age with their Chilean ID card with an activation code. All of this through the same website Civil Registry or in their offices.
To order the document online, your Unique key.
In order to get your background certificate online, at the office or at the nearest consulate, you must meet the following (very few) conditions and requirements:
- You must be older than 14 years.
- You should know your Unique key, granted by Civil registry.
- Present your valid identity card or document and in the best conditions.
- A power of attorney for any third party you want to leave in charge of your procedure in case you are disabled or outside Chile. In turn, this representative must also provide his identity document.
The following steps change slightly if you are doing online or in an office, but it is actually simple and practical in both cases.
These are the steps to follow if you want to obtain your criminal record certificate …
- Enter the next link, which takes you to the ‘shopping cart’ of the procedures offered by the Civil registry.
- Once there, click on the section ‘Bottom’ and select the one that fits your order.
- Write your RUN Y Unique key and press ‘Enterokay’.
- Check the list of certificates and their identity details (including an email) to continue.
- Submit your request! O background certificate it should be automatically sent to the email inbox that you signed up for the account.
In the office
- Write down your required data and documents.
- Get closer to a office of Civil Registry or of Civil Registry and Identity Service within your community.
- Tell whoever answers that you want to request the background certificate.
- Meet the requirements.
- Pay the amount in the window to which they send it.
- Finished! You can receive your certificate immediately or they will arrange a meeting for you to pick it up.
Since this is a special case, as a bonus, we will explain what you should do in these cases.
You can order your background certificate at the Consulate of Chile that suits you, or you can send a power of attorney from the said consulate to leave a third party responsible for your procedure in the country, with your information and documents. Such power must be verified and authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The time it may take will notify you at the same consular office.
In this way, you can use it as a requirement to get a job abroad, especially for occupations like health, education and security.
Your documents may need some verification or books, so that they can be legalized for use in Chile and abroad in the different circumstances in which they are requested. These can be, for example, the The Hague Apostille.
For use in Chile, the background certificate has a very short validity, of 30 days in a row, as it is a document with a very specific purpose, requested for almost immediate procedures.
On the other hand, if you are abroad, this period may vary between 30 and 60 calendar days, in favor of having enough time to supplement it, if necessary, or to correct it, if there is a problem.
If you do it online, your procedure is free of charge, but if you go through an Civil Registry, the document price is 1,050 Chilean pesos.
To this you must add, if you are outside the country, the cost of freight if done by third parties and the need for verification and handout. Do your research, as it depends on the country you are in.
O state It is your duty to ensure that we know and can transmit our information at different levels for different purposes.
From applying for a job to purchasing a property, leaving the country, there are many functions that our criminal record.
And we, as citizens, must raise awareness and share knowledge how to go through the different procedures to obtain our documents.
With all this in mind, we invite you to get your criminal record as soon as you can. You expect?
If you liked this article about Background certificate We recommend the following related articles: