Conoce los pasos para el certificado médico prenupcial en México
Do you think getting married was just filling out the legal paperwork? One of the things that you should know and that is important to do before you get married in Mexico is that before signing the civil registry it is an essential requirement that you must go through a doctor. Do you already know what kind of clinical exams and what requirements should they have in hand? We will clarify all your doubts!
Pre-nuptial medical examinations aim to assess the couple’s health, and to help find out if any of them suffer from any disease that may affect the relationship or physical integrity of the conjugal couple, such as degenerative diseases that endanger anyone’s life of the two or some type of infectious disease that can infect the couple.
Why do I need a medical certificate to get married?
Currently, some provinces in the Mexican Republic require pre-nuptial clinical examinations, although in many others it is no longer an essential requirement for getting married, but we know that due to the amount of health risks that currently exist, we must give this matter the importance it deserves and being able to guide our entire audience.
This requirement for spouses, was determined as one of the prenuptial procedures as a necessary requirement for future spouses, it is convenient for them not to deviate from this or the medical certificate, precisely because it does not seem as exciting as the search for rings or the clothes that will use that day.
It is necessary that in order to comply with the regulations, take into account what are the different types of documents to be married in the legal office and authorized by the State where your marriage will be legally held. That is, the Civil Registry:
- Whether there is a specific format for presentation in the civil registry.
- If it is the doctor who performs the tests, it must be the same one that certifies the health of both.
- If so, what kind of clinical studies should accredit both.
- In what period they must deliver the documents to speed up the wedding process.
- How long have they been in effect, to know when to process them.
- How many copies will they have to submit to the Civil Registry?
So, when doing the exams, also consult the exact documentation and the conditions under which both will have to present themselves: if you have to collect some samples that you must prepare at home, go on an empty stomach and the results are guaranteed.
At the the current Federal Civil Code, item IX of article 156, establishes this Law: the right to the protection of the health of all persons under Article 4. of the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States, establishes the bases and modalities of access to health services and the consent of the Federation and federative entities in matters of general health. It is applicable throughout the Republic and its provisions are of public order and social interest.
To guarantee to each citizen the well-being of their physical, mental and psychological health, the improvement and prolongation of the human being’s quality of life, the knowledge and the importance of using the different types of health instruments, among others.
What tests should I do?
The nuptial exam is an essential requirement in many of the different Mexican regions.
People with a desire to marry, present to the Civil Registry judge, a certificate signed by a qualified doctor, This ensures by means of a medical record along with the medical results, that they do not suffer from syphilis, tuberculosis or chronic and incurable disease, which is also contagious and hereditary for any of the spouses.
What is stated in the law is true and well-founded.
However, it is illusory that it is not updated according to the present, since there are currently sexually transmitted diseases, which are not on the list of pre-nuptial exams.
For example, Mycoplasma, detection of Chlamydia, human papillomavirus, hepatitis, HPV and HIV.
Blood count. It is an examination obtained with a sample of venous blood, which determines mainly and for pre-nuptial purposes, if any of the future spouses has an infectious process or blood disease that suggests cancerous blood disease.
- Among them, mainly leukemia, although it cannot be precisely specified or simply anemia.
Group and Rh. It is one of the most important studies that determines and classifies the blood group and Rh factor of each spouse, with the spouse’s blood type being the most important. In case of finding a negative Rh factor, it must be identified as present until mpregnancy and especially at birth, the possibility of an entity known as Rh factor incompatibility between mother and newborn.
- To treat this problem, there is a vaccine that must be given to the mother after the first delivery to prevent the formation of antibodies in subsequent pregnancies and to protect the baby from hemolytic disease.
- Chest X-ray. It is studied by means of a lung and heart radiography, which can briefly detail any pulmonary or cardiac changes. Also to look at data regarding a disease, nodules or lung related to tuberculosis. It is important to highlight that in case there is any change in this study, a specialist in the field should be consulted in order to establish a diagnosis and precision treatment for this result.
- Serolitic reactions. This test is used to detect the diagnosis of syphilis. It is also identified in the medical world and known as VRDL.
It is currently not official, but it is considered that it should be included in the pre-nuptial exams to detect HPV, hepatitis, HIV, chlamydia, mycoplasma. In addition to the tests mentioned above, in order to strengthen and expand the study protocol, deeply diagnose any disease that may affect the spouses or their descendants in the marriage.
Where should I apply for the certificate?
The certificate can be requested at different medical institutions.
- Attend the J. Jesús Delgadillo Araujo Emergency Medical Unit as a couple, from 7:30 am to 9:30 am.
- Cancel card in the treasure box located in the health unit and specify whether premarital certificates are with HIV laboratory tests or without HIV
- Go to the laboratory and present the payment receipt issued by the treasury for blood collection.
- After the exams are performed the next day, you must return to the laboratory results and go to the Outpatient Consultation for the preparation of the Prenuptial Certificates that must be presented in the Civil Registry.
Steps to follow
The main objective of people interested in getting married is to value the health of both and to be able to prevent any type of disease that could bring some kind of consequences not only for them as a couple, but also for their generations.
Through these tests, the HR of both spouses can be clearly known, without any doubt always taking care to obtain clear diagnoses so that, if you have children, there will be no consequences of abortions or very dangerous damage to the fetus.
Therefore, it is important to attend the corresponding medical clinics to perform the following steps:
- If there is a specific format for submitting it in the civil registry
- If the doctor who performs the exams must be the same one who attests to the health of both
- If so, what kind of clinical studies should accredit both
- When must the documents be delivered to speed up the marriage process
- How long have they been in effect, to know when to process them
- How many copies will they have to send to the Civil Registry?
- After obtaining all the requirements attached together with the exams of both spouses and obtaining the corresponding certificate, you must attend the Civil Registry where you will officially marry and hand it over to the judge to set the date of the civil act.
What are the costs?
All exams must be done with specialists.
Although in our research we were able to find a little bit of information about the cost of exams that doesn’t go up dramatically, since the budget has an approximate value that is based between 600 and 1,800 pesos, it should be noted that for any study, the final result it depends on the quality of the laboratory’s professionalism, and the tests that are required, adding the payments of the specialist doctor who consults them and can send the certificate. The exam package usually consists of:
- Spouses blood group and Rh factor
- Chest X-ray: used to detect heart and respiratory failure in the patient
- Serolitic reactions: blood samples to detect syphilis in patients
- Hematic biometrics: rules out infections and some types of cancer in patients
The benefit of this certificate is that every exam performed will guarantee health and well-being In addition, they will be complying with the Law with the requirements established by the laws that govern Mexican health for each citizen. And they will be able to get married once without any inconvenience and the exams will be properly proven and certified by your specialist.
We are pleased to help and guide you so that you can legally marry in the Republic of Mexico.
If you liked this article about Prenuptial medical certificate We recommend the following related articles: