Consigue tu cita médica en la Seguridad Social – España
Are you Spanish and are in a situation of economic and social vulnerability? So it’s possible that the help of Spanish Social Security is in your interest.
If this is the case, you better go to National Social Security Institute (INSS) and review how your condition can meet the institute’s profile to receive financing or economic and social assistance through certain benefits. Of course, to start, you should start by requesting your doctor’s appointment.
So in Book your medical appointment at Social Security – Spain, we say everything you need.
Follow the steps that we are going to share now, and you will be able to request your medical consultation at social security, check your situation and receive help from the Spanish State.
What is the Social Security Institute?
O National Social Security Institute (INSS) is a governmental entity in Spain charged with administering the economic benefits of that country’s social security system.
This entity is dependent on the Spanish Ministry of Labor and Social Security, and its management and administration are carried out in accordance with the principles of transparency, rationalization, cost reduction, social efficiency, financial solidarity and cash and decentralization unit.
For these principles, the contributory economic benefits of the social Security The Spaniards are managed by this entity, and their general direction is in the city of Madrid.
As mentioned above, the National Social Security Institute (INSS) he is responsible for administering the contributory economic benefits of Social Security in Spain. Currently, this institution manages more than 9 million pensions, all distributed by 52 provincial departments and 435 centers for attention and information.
What services do you offer?
Among the main services offered by INSS, is the administration and recognition of the rights to the benefits of each Spanish to social security. Briefly, they are the following:
- Pensions: For retirement, permanent disability, widowhood, orphanhood and family favors.
- Grants: For temporary disability due to common or professional illness and accidents at work or not. Also due to motherhood, childbirth or multiple adoption, paternity, risk of pregnancy and during natural lactation. For cases of serious illness of minors, the allowance for their care is also included.
- Family benefits: For adopted children or minors, for multiple birth or adoption, and for the birth or adoption of large families, single parents or disabled mothers.
- Compensation: For non-disabling permanent injuries from an accident at work and occupational disease, partial partial disability or death from an accident at work or occupational disease.
These and many other services related to social Security They are available to Spanish citizens. Just make an appointment at INSS to request information and help mentioned according to your current situation.
How to get the medical consultation?
To have access to the social benefit services mentioned above, simply request a medical consultation at social security. For this, you have at your disposal 3 ways to request this appointment:
- Mobile application (app)
Once the previous appointments are confirmed, you must attend, on the date and time shown on the form, to one of the Service Centers of the Social Security Institute (CAISS) to start your procedure or management. First, look for one of the official branches closest to you, just on here, and then choose the ideal method to request your consultation.
The easiest and fastest way to order your Prior consultation with INSS It’s by phone calling 901.10.65.70 from anywhere in Spain. The call has a minimal cost for the operator’s expenses, but it is still the cheapest way to date.
Your call will be answered by an automated call center that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just follow the instructions offered by the operator, and provide your identity data when requested, such as name, postal address, RG and confirm the hours of service available and that is most convenient for you.
After these requirements, you will be given a code to later check the status of your medical consultation with social security, or cancel it.
To request your consultation online, the first thing is to access from your computer the official website of INSS. Fair on here we leave you the link. Follow these steps and book your appointment now.
- In the bottom section, in «One click», you must select the option «Prior booking for pensions and other benefits».
- On the next screen that appears, open the option «Make an appointment for pensions and other benefits». Choose whether to make an appointment with or without a digital certificate.
- If you want to request your appointment quickly, choose the option «Without certificate». A form will appear on the screen that you must fill in with your personal details. Choose the location of your preferred CAISS office and click Next.
- In the following forms you must indicate the date and time of your appointment and the procedure you wish to request. Can be Benefits (family, disability, maternity, retirement, etc.), Certificates (change of address, bank branch, pensions, etc.) or Requests and documents (Disability, retirement, maternity, benefits, document registration, etc.).
- After choosing the reason for your previous appointment, you must fill in your contact information, such as address, phone and email. Once the process is complete, your commitment will be completed. You will not receive a certificate, but you will receive a security code that will allow you to check the status of your appointment or cancel if you are not.
- If you choose the option «With Certificate» you must download the special access granted by Social Security. You will already have all your personal and contact details, just indicate the type of procedure to request and the date and time available. Exactly as above. There, a digital certificate with a security code will appear to check the status of your appointment or cancel if you are not.
Remember to have stable access to the Internet and to start the procedure calmly. Requesting this document is important and the data to be provided will also be important, so we advise you to be careful when entering the correct data.
Via mobile app
The mobile application (App) is a new mechanism launched by INSS to facilitate all procedures before that institution from your cell phone. This application is called «Prior Social Security Consultation» available for platforms Android and IOS.
The application is easy to use, just locate the option «Prior consultation» and you can enter your personal and contact information. Also indicate the type of procedure to be requested and the most appropriate date and time. You will also have a locator GPS to find the offices INSS or CAISS closer to you.
Other procedures that require consultation
There are several other procedures in addition to the social benefits that request a consultation. Although there are several, below we will indicate a brief list of procedures that require it, and which refer to retirement, self-employed, social assistance, etc.
- Application for professional life
- Previous retirement commitment
- Sign up as a freelancer
- Appointment for the European Health Insurance Card
- Pension-related procedures
- Social help
- Request a flat fee for freelancers
- Participate in the Youth Guarantee Plan
- Process temporary disability
- Request permanent disability
- Procedures related to widow’s pension
- Procedures for orphan’s pension
- Paternity benefit claims
- Maternity benefits
- Pensions for family members
- Benefits for risk in pregnancy or during breastfeeding
- Help for a child or multiple birth
- Request help to care for people under your responsibility with serious illnesses
- Health card
If any of the above procedures coincide with what you currently require, then you already know how to request your medical consultation from social security. Otherwise, we recommend that you visit the official website of National Social Security Institute (INSS) and read your list of services. Fair on here we leave you the direct link.
When National Social Security Institute (INSS) You can then apply for the necessary social assistance through benefits, pensions, pensions and others. This, of course, according to your particular situation, which may well be due to age, accidents, maternity or paternity, multiple adoption, widowhood, etc.
The important thing when requesting any of these benefits is to indicate at the time of your consultation in CAISS, what is your particular condition and what kind of help you need. If you meet the minimum requirements and provide documents that prove your condition, authorized personnel will begin your process.
That said, it is worth mentioning that this type of social assistance is only possible for contributions, professionals and financing that each member has contributed throughout his professional life until the exact moment of requesting a service.
At the same time, it also involves a non-contributory and universal modality for Spanish citizens in general, but which will depend on contributions and general budgets approved by the State.
If you liked this article about Medical consultation social security We recommend the following related articles: