Cuáles son los Requisitos para visa canadiense
If you are a Salvadoran and plan to visit Canada, you will need a visa. Therefore, we suggest that you write down the requirements for a Canadian visa, which we will show you here.
Before arriving, travelers should contact the nearest Canadian office abroad.
Canadian visa requirements
The requirements for a Canadian visa, in general, are as follows:
- Have the Passport per day.
- Have good health.
- Not having criminal record or convictions related to illegal immigration crimes
- Show the immigration officer that you have ties that link you to your country of origin and therefore it is not in his plans to remain in Canada illegally. For example, work, home, family, financial assets.
- Have enough money for your stay. The amount will depend on the number of days you stay in Canada and where you stay.
- It may happen that you also need to submit a medical examination to complete the visa process for Canada. You must find a professional authorized by the Canadian Immigration Service in your country or province.
- You must know that to request the Canada Visa in El Salvador you need to know the English or French language.
- Request a non-refundable form online or in person.
- Download the application kit if you are online.
- Pay the procedure, which has different payment methods.
- After all the above is done, send the application and the respective documents.
- Medical examination (only if requested), certificate of criminal record and if deemed necessary, you must attend an interview.
- If accepted, the Canadian Visa It will be in your passport and you will be informed of the expiration date of your Canadian visa.
- The maximum length of your stay in Canada and all information related to your Canada Visa. It is advisable to consult a professional or the corresponding institutions. To obtain a more satisfactory result.
First of all, let’s remember that the visa is an official document pasted or inserted in your passport and that gives you permission to enter and travel in Canada. Therefore, in addition to having a visa, you must first have your Passport in order.
To travel to Canada, most travelers need a valid entry document, such as a tourist visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The role you need will depend on your citizenship or situation.
Nor does it exclude that they ask you to submit an invitation letter written by the person who asked you to visit Canada.
Other documents you should have at hand are:
- Proof of financial solvency (may include letter from the employment company, bank or mortgage statement or invitation letter from a Canadian resident).
- Payment of fees.
- Working documents (if applicable).
- Detailed travel plans.
How to apply for a Canadian visa
To apply for a suitable Canadian visa, you must go to the nearest Canadian embassy. Or insert their respective web pages. Comply with the requirements and the corresponding process.
How long does it take for a Canadian visa to be approved?
The duration of the procedure should be consulted on the website of the Canadian Embassy.
It is important to remember that if you change your address during the process, you must inform yourself immediately.
After the responsible agent evaluates your application, you will be informed if it was approved or rejected, if your documents are rejected, they will be returned to you and you will receive a brief explanation of why your application was rejected.
Why is a Canada visa required?
According to a set of laws, regulations and even treaties between certain countries, there are several conditions for entering Canada as a visitor.
It is the way in which many countries regulate the entry and exit of immigrants in their country.
If you enter Canada and do not have it, you are committing a crime.
Illegal occupation or immigration are serious illegal acts.
How much does the Canadian visa cost
Like all legal procedures, the Canadian visa generates certain costs for documents and paperwork.
The Application Package Processing Fee (per package) is 26.34 CAD (Including VAT) and 20.31 USD. The application of the Assisted Service on paper costs 27.73 CAD and 21.38 USD.
If you need to send your biometrics, the biometric service fee of CAD $ 85 equivalent to $ 65.53 (per person) / CAD $ 170 equivalent to $ 131.07 (per family with a minimum of 2 members) / CAD $ 255 equivalent to $ 191.61 (per group with at least 3 people) covers the cost of the Packet Transmission service, except for the following cases:
- Any additional submission of passport and / or documents after making the first Packet Transmission, applicants must pay the Packet Transmission fee each time they perform this procedure at the VAC.
- Applicants who sent their passport or documents through a Visa Application Center other than the one where they collected their biometric data, must pay the package’s transmission fee.
- If no package is sent at the time of biometric data collection (when your application was made online), the first transmission of the package is included in the Biometric Data Collection and Package Transmission fee (CAD $ 85).
- All applicants who register on paper (with or without biometric data collection) must pay the Assisted Service – Registration fee on paper.
- If you do not need to bring your biometric data and you are sending your passport and / or documents through the VAC, the package transmission fee will be charged.
Canadian visa validity period
The duration is decided by the immigration authorities according to the assessment of the traveler’s profile.
For example, the visitor visa can be a “single entry” (allows only one entry into Canada).
Or «multiple entries» (which allows you to enter and leave Canada multiple times while the document is valid). Both types of visa are granted for a defined period, which can be a maximum of 10 years.
It is very important not to stay longer than allowed, as Canadian immigration authorities strictly enforce laws that restrict foreigners from staying in their territory.
Canadian visa types
Canada visas are classified into:
- Temporary residence visas (tourism, transit or business)
- Permanent residence visa (specialized programs)
Temporary residence visa (tourism, transit or business) for Canada
Visitor visas for Canada are issued to facilitate the entry of genuine visitors to Canada.
Each candidate must demonstrate that he is in good health, that he is in a stable economic and social position and that his real intention is to remain temporarily in Canada.
Anyone wishing to study (for a period exceeding 6 months), work or live permanently in Canada must apply for another type of visa.
Permanent Resident Visa – Skilled Worker
If you have specific training and work experience, you can be considered in the category of qualified worker.
This training and experience should be easily applicable in the Canadian job market.
You must also have sufficient transferable funds to settle in Canada and a good command of English or French. The application will not be accepted if it is not properly completed and signed.
The immigration office reserves the right to request additional documents, if necessary. Failure to answer all questions sincerely may result in the request being rejected.
Having complete documentation does not imply the granting of a visa.
Permanent Resident Visa – Entrepreneur
You are a person with business experience and who: In 2 years after being established in Canada, you will start or buy a business in which you will have an active role in management.
You will create jobs for one or more Canadian citizens or residents (who are not members of your family).
You will significantly contribute your business to the Canadian economy.
You have successfully managed or managed a business. And he accumulated through his own efforts and legally a net worth of at least C $ 300,000.
The status of permanent resident is conditional and its continuation depends on the fulfillment of the requirements mentioned above. The employer and their family members will receive conditional visas.
Permanent Resident Visa – Investor
He is a person who: successfully managed, controlled or ran a business. And he accumulated through his own efforts and legally a net worth of at least C $ 800,000. And he made a minimum investment of C $ 400,000 before the visa was issued.
Permanent Resident Visa – Autonomous
You are a person who: has the intention and the ability to establish or acquire a company in Canada. Such a business will generate jobs for yourself. And it will make a significant contribution to Canada’s economy or artistic and cultural life.
It refers only to world-class sports, cultural activities or farm management.
Permanent Resident Visa – Family Category
One of the goals of the Canadian immigration program is family reunification. If you have a close relative who lives in Canada, that person can act as your guarantor. Sponsorship is a formal commitment that your relative makes with the Canadian government to take care of you and your dependents. For a period of one to ten years. Usually, the guarantor must reside in Canada and lodge the guarantee there.
That is all! Important: You must know the requirements for a Canadian visa if your goal is to travel to Canada from El Salvador.
As a separate note, we remind you that visa procedures can be changed. Because contracts between countries and their protocols are in permanent discussion. Therefore, we recommend that you visit the Canadian Embassy. Check there, if you find everything you need.
If you liked this article about Canadian visa requirements We recommend the following related articles: