Paso y requisitos para visa americana
In many countries there is an idea of traveling to the United States for a better life, or simply because people simply have business reasons that must be done in the United States and for that a visa is required.
To obtain a United States visa, you must meet certain requirements visa requirements and to obtain it, the following information about the registration process will be presented:
O visa requirements It can be processed by following these steps:
The first thing to do is to know the type of visa you need, as there is a visa for each reason why you must be in the United States,Each visa has its own requirements and application elements.
If you already have an idea of the visa you are going to apply for, you can cancel the fee corresponding to the visa procedure.
Then you must fill in the visa application form, you must fill it out carefully and if you are not fluent in the English language you must have a translator close by to avoid mistakes. After completing the formulation, wait for the DS-160 confirmation form.
You must log into the US embassy system and create a profile to schedule the visa application interview, for this you need to have your passport number, BANTURAL payment receipt number, the 10 digits of the code bar of the DS-160 confirmation sheet, with all this you can now schedule the consultation to get the American Visa.
When you have an appointment, you must attend the day and time indicated for the interview
If your visa is approved, it will be sent to the designated location that was selected when your interview was scheduled.
The documents to process the American VisaDepending on the type of visa you need to issue, the following documents will be mentioned below:
Essential documents for applying for an American tourist or business visa
- Valid original passport. It is recommended that your passport be valid for at least six months after the date you plan to travel to the United States.
- A digital photograph according to the specifications shown on the US visa page. In some cases, they also require a printed photo.
- The confirmation sheet for the DS-160 form in this document is the 10-digit barcode.
- The payment receipt for the American visa issued by the bank where you made the payment physically or the reference number if you made the payment online.
- Original letter of appointment. In some consulates, this is not mandatory.
Supporting documents that are recommended to bring on the day of the interview
- The official who is going to interview you first wants to verify that you are a legitimate candidate who meets all the requirements for applying for an American visa, the employee could verify that you have a valid ID document in the case of Guatemala, the Neighborhood Card , if you have no criminal record and if you have a valid reason to do a American visa process.
- You must bring proof that you have enough money to travel to the United States.
- If possible, show the United States consulate official that you have a strong bond with Guatemala and have no intention of staying in the United States.
- bring to the interview any additional documents that may support the above, it may be useful
- It is recommended that you bring evidence of why you are traveling to the United States and that you intend to return.
Documents that prove you are going to a family event
- Invitation letter from family members who hold the event.
- Something that shows that the event will happen as an invitation card, an authorization to use a space somewhere in the United States.
Supporting documents if your trip is for medical treatment
- Declaration or letter from a doctor or the institution where the medical treatment will be performed.
- Written confirmation from the medical institution indicating that the agreements to carry out the treatment have been concluded and specifying who will receive the treatment.
- A written estimate from the institution or doctor, indicating the likely cost of medical treatment you may have.
- Statement by a doctor estimating the time needed for treatment.
Other suggested documents:
- If you are an employee, bring a work letter.
- If you are self-employed, bring proof of your company’s constitution, as well as proof of tax collection and your financial statements.
With minors, they must do all the processing of the American Visa that was mentioned in visa requirements and must have the following documents:
- The minor must have a birth certificate or document proving family ties, if traveling with someone to be seen.
- You must have your valid passport.
- You must register with the embassy system
- American to be able to schedule your appointment and have your own DS-160 confirmation voucher
- the minor must be present on the day of the interview.
Minors must follow the visa requirements steps to obtain a United States visa and must be accompanied by their legal representative or their parents.
Over 60 years
People over 60 must follow the same procedures as a person of working age, must know what visa they need, register with the United States embassy system, pay the corresponding fees, complete the form according to the type of visa who wish to obtain and schedule your appointment if the form is approved.
Where is the visa processed?
You can process the american life at the US Embassy located at Avenida Reforma 7-01, Zona 10 Guatemala.
There are different types of visas that can be adapted to the reason why you want to travel to the United States. The visa types are as follows:
- Business / tourism visa:This type of visa is for people who travel to the United States temporarily for business, leisure or medical treatment.
- Work visa: It is for people who are going to work temporarily in the United States as non-immigrants.
- Exchange visitor visa:The United States welcomes foreigners who come to the United States to participate in exchange programs.
- Student visa: This visa is for foreign students who are going to study in the United States
- Transit Visa / Crew: If a citizen of a foreign country traveling in immediate transit and continuing through the United States to a destination abroad, they need a valid transit visa.
- Religious worker visa:They are for people who will do some religious work in the United States.
- Journalists and media visas: This type of visa is for non-immigrants to represent foreign media that travel to the United States to practice their profession while having their headquarters in a foreign country.
- Domestic worker visa: This type of visa is for those who will accompany someone as an employee, as a janitor, gardener, butler or any other domestic activity.
- Investor Visa: It is the visa for merchants and investors who reside in the United States and must manage the business or investments of a company in the United States.
For more information on these visas visit www.ustraveldocs.com/gt_es
Why apply for a visa?
It is essential to apply for an American visa because United States policies require any foreigner to have a visa for any activity you want to perform in the United States, if you do not have a visa, you will not be allowed to perform the activity you want and can be deported from the country.
Countries that require a visa to enter the United States
- Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Albania, Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan, Angola, Algeria.
- Bahrain, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Bangladesh, Bosnia – Herzegovina, Burundi, Belarus, Botswana, Bhutan, Benin, Brunei Darusalam.
- Cape Verde, China, North Korea, Cambodia, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Congo, Cuba, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep. (Zaire).
- Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic.
- Ecuador, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Eritrea, El Salvador, Ethiopia.
- Russian Federation, Fiji Islands, Philippines.
- Gabon, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Guatemala, Guyana, Georgia, Guinea, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau.
- Haiti, Honduras.
- India, Iran, Indonesia, Iraq.
- Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan.
- Laos, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Lebanon
- Macedonia, Morocco, Mongolia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Montenegro, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Maldives, Myanmar, Mali, Moldova.
- Namibia, Nicaragua, Nauru, Niger, Nepal, Nigeria.
- Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea.
- Central African Republic, Sahrawi Democratic Arab Republic, Rwanda.
- Solomon Islands, São Tomé and Príncipe, Somalia, Western Samoa, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Serbia, South Africa, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Holy See, Syria, Swaziland.
- Thailand, East Timor, Turkmenistan, Taiwan, Togo, Turkey, Tonga, Tuvalu, Tajikistan, Tunisia.
- Ukraine, Uganda, Uzbekistan.
- Vanuatu, Vietnam, Venezuela.
- Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Among other countries.
If you liked this article about American visa requirements We recommend the following related articles: