Requisitos para inscribir una empresa en el Registro Mercantil: Toda la información que necesitas
Every day, more Guatemalans look online for what they are the requirements for registering a company in the Mercantile Registry nowadays. The reason for this is that this is one of the most important steps for you the business operates legally within the national territory.
And is that, as in all countries, the issue of company registrations it is extremely important for the state administration today. Do you want to know more about the requirements to register a company in the Mercantile Registry? Are you interested in knowing more about this record?
So keep reading because you will find everything!
What is the Commercial Registry
Before talking about the requirements for registering a company with the Mercantile Registry, you need to know what is the Board of Trade. And is that within the whole bureaucratic world of Guatemala one of the most important operations that can be carried out are in the Mercantile Registry.
The reason for this is that this registry is responsible for record everything related to trade within the Republic of Guatemala. In fact, this is extremely important because is the way to keep track of all trade and transactions.
Thus, no company has the facility to tax evasion or other illegal trade-related actions.
Thus, it is obtained that the Mercantile Registry also has the obligation to certify commercial actions that are taken within the republic.
And not only within the Republic, but also all companies and businesses based within the territory of Guatemala.
This is to prevent, through international transactions, illegal acts that may affect Guatemalan citizens or workers in any way.
In fact, the Commercial Registry is so important to the country’s economy that is linked to the Ministry of Economy of this Central American nation.
That’s it, whoever wants to do economic activities in Guatemala, the first thing they should do is go to the Mercantile Register as a mandatory step.
Requirements for registering a company with the Board of Trade
The truth is that the requirements for registering a company in the Mercantile Registry they are not complicated for any entrepreneur today.
In case you don’t know what the requirements are here we leave a list with everything they will request:
- The first thing you need is an individual merchant and trading company registration application form what you can download clicking here.
- Likewise you will need to pay 100.00 Q at Banrural according to the type of company this is going to be what you register in the Registry.
- You will also need to bring the payments you made in relation to the company, like the one you did at Banrural, for the record.
- Likewise, it will be necessary to carry, in photocopy format, fully legible and if possible in color, the Personal identity document.
- You will also need a legal size folder where you can place all the documents that are requested by the notary.
- In the same way you will have to put a 50.00 Q tax stamp to the form once it has been completely filled out.
- If the company is from a foreigner or you are a foreigner who represents you must bring a photocopy of your residence.
- Likewise, it is also important to note that if you are registering a business with multiple owners must submit a form for each owner of this.
- They can also ask you receiving a service of your residence where your name appears in a fully legible form.
- If you don’t have an NIT, you should also present the SATRM-02 filled in only with all the information that corresponds to all your personal data.
Once all the requirements for registering a company in the Mercantile Registry are in hand, the simplest is the inscription.
The reason for this is that everyone is expected to register your company no need to hire third parties.
In this way, the process can be completed in just five steps for those people who are starting the process from scratch.
However, it is important to mention that this procedure is performed just in a personal way and it cannot be done online in either case.
The reason for this is that you must go directly to one of the Commercial Registry agencies to do the procedure correctly.
If you do not know what are the steps to follow to register your company in the Mercantile Registry here is a very complete guide:
- The first thing you have to do is obtain the individual merchant and trading company form which we explained in the previous section, the first point.
- Once you have this, you have to fill out the form on the computer or on a typewriter, although this is rarely seen.
- So you must go to Banco Banrural do Registro Mercantil make the payment of 100.00 Q to start the registration process itself.
- After doing this, you must deliver in an orderly manner in the window all requirements that were mentioned in the previous section of this article.
- Finally you should just take the patent from the Commercial Registry in the window and put a 50.00 Q stamp on it and that’s it.
What is SAT
One question that many people have when looking for the requirements to register a company in the Mercantile Registry is what is SAT.
And this is very logical because SAT is one of the institutions or organizations that most important thing they have in the administration.
In fact, SAT means Superintendence of Tax Administration, which is the institution responsible for all taxes in the Republic of Guatemala.
In this sense, it is important to highlight that it is one of the agencies newest in the state, since it started in 1997.
Not only was it born with the idea of being a better organized tax agency, but also of modernize the state and their systems.
And is that, at that time there were a problem with taxes since its payment was extremely complicated for the average citizen.
However, it was no less complicated for the public administration, since there have always been mistakes and confusion in the taxes of the people of the country.
In this way they start talking about creating of a body that would better regulate everything related to taxes.
In addition, we must add that it was part of the peace agreement program with the idea of being able to deal better with the economy.
Finally, it should be mentioned that the SAT is part of the Ministry of Public Finance and owes only responses to this institution in the country.
Another question that people ask themselves when they hear about SAT is what functions does this organism do currently, for all of Guatemala.
And the truth is that there are a very important specific weight within the political and also economic fabric of this Central American nation.
Among the functions that most stand out from the Tax Administration Superintendence we find the following:
- The first of all is administer the tax regime of the nation so that everyone pays correctly.
- Likewise it also has the function of take care of all customs and the payment scheme they must make in these.
- They also have to establish mechanisms to regulate prices in case it is necessary to do so for contingencies.
- I must keep records properly of all the people and companies that make a living in the Republic of Guatemala.
- At the same time, they should also be responsible for everything related to fiscal policy across the Central American nation.
- Finally, they have to be in charge of guarantee legal actions against all individuals who do not correctly meet their tax rates.
Bodies and dependencies
And is that this body is in charge of much of the Mercantile Registry today, being composed of:
- The directory: who is the head of the entire institution, who makes the decisions.
- Administrative Tax and Customs Court: It is who is in charge of applying the tax legislation.
- The Superintendent: is who manages and represents the SAT.
- Counties: They are the offices responsible for SAT compliance.
As you can see the requirements for registering a company in the Mercantile Registry they are not complicated at all.
And with this guide anyone could get it!
If you liked this article about Requirements for registering a company with the Board of Trade We recommend the following related articles: