Requisitos para ser alcalde en Guatemala: Todo lo que debes saber
Currently, more and more Guatemalans are searching the internet and wondering what are the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala. And is that the world of politics is one of those the more they attract the attention of young people due to its possibilities.
Although it is not only young people who are interested in entering politics since many good citizens want to help for your nation. Do you want to know more about the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala? Are you interested in learning more about the world of politics in this country?
So don’t stop reading because here is everything!
Requirements to be mayor in Guatemala
In fact, the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala are something that all citizens of the country have normal in your day to day.
In fact, this is in charge of the well-known Citizen Registration, because it is who carries everything related to the candidacy of mayors.
In case you don’t know what the requirements are to be mayor of Guatemala here we leave you a complete list With the data:
- The first thing you need is write your full names and surnames within the payroll that will be delivered in a timely manner by the Citizen Register.
- It should have the Personal Identification Document Current with the number up to date and without problems with its physical version.
- Likewise, you must have the correct registration number within the Citizen Register according to the jurisdiction in which you registered.
- At the same time, you will have to specifically place who is opting or running for mayor current municipality of residence.
- Thus, it is also necessary that a person cannot register in his own capacity, that is, there must be a political organization to register and endorse it.
- The candidate must have a certificate of your birth certificate current and correctly accepted by the various governmental entities.
- You must upload at least a copy of your Personal Identification Document in good condition and easily readable by the authorities.
- If the person has handled public goods, he must carry the Transitional evidence of no charge claim delivered in writing.
- Finally, it is important to clarify that anyone interested in obtaining this position must be Guatemalan by birth and not by naturalization or similar.
How to vote in Guatemala’s elections
Having fulfilled the requirements to be mayor of Guatemala, the next phase to be carried out is simply to vote.
However, there are many people who they don’t know how to vote because they never did or because they didn’t vote in a long time.
It is for this reason that the government of the nation every year, and especially in the elections, take instructions about how you should vote today.
And the truth is that this is a process extremely simple precisely designed so that everyone can exercise their right without any problem.
The reason for this is that traditionally the same voting system was maintained so that all citizens can vote without problems.
In fact, this is one of the simplest systems that are currently across the Central American and Caribbean region.
In that sense, in fact, the only thing you need to exercise your right to vote is the personal identity document effective.
If you’ve never voted or forgotten what the process is to get it right, here’s a guide to exercise their right:
- The first thing to do is go to your polling place and find the table in which you must mark your participation.
- After doing this, the next step will be for the table to authenticate your identity and give him the ballot you can vote with.
- Once you have your ballot you must mark the candidate of your choice with an X in each of the options available to you.
- Finally you just have to deposit the ballots in the urn that corresponds to you according to the color of each of them in particular.
How to register
Once you have all the requirements to be mayor of Guatemala, it is important to know what it is the census in this Central American country.
In fact, this is one of the simplest and fastest processes this can be done today throughout Guatemala, given its capital importance.
And is that registering is what allows a person can vote correctly in elections at any level within the nation.
So it is, in fact, the only way is to vote within the Republic because it is a form of registration.
In this sense, it is attached to what is the Citizens’ Register, because it is the body that regulates who can vote.
This is how you expect to keep correct control about all the people who have the right and meet the appropriate requirements to vote.
In this way, it is possible that a person I can vote only once and that for the same reason, there is no one to take advantage of this right.
If you don’t know how the application process is today here we leave you a complete guide with the steps:
- The first thing that you should have in hand is your personal identity document which is currently valid and in good condition.
- At the same time, it is important that you are of legal age, Only then can you be registered on the electoral roll of the nation of Guatemala.
- Finally, all you need to do is go to a Registration Center who is close to your home to complete the procedure.
If you do not know where the Registration Centers are located you can click here to find the one closest to your home and register correctly.
All those who fully meet the requirements to be mayor of Guatemala must know today what is the Municipal Code.
And this is one of most important legal guidelines that the nation of Guatemala currently has within its policy.
The reason for this is that it is the legal decree where all laws affecting municipalities are registered.
In this sense, it can be said that it is the code by which municipalities are organized in everything related to their different jurisdictions.
In fact, within this code all problems and concepts are defined that govern the municipalities and their activity in general.
In this sense, the Municipal Code is what regulates what is nature itself of all municipalities in the Guatemalan nation.
Likewise, its pages have everything related to the requirements for choosing to be a candidate to municipal government positions.
The same code also has the definitions of what is the municipality for and what are all the roles you currently have.
In fact, this was one of the points where it was most debated because there were people who didn’t agree with that.
Finally, it is important to mention that the issue of the jurisdiction that the municipality has with respect to other authorities.
And is that municipalities have always had problems when it comes to assert your authority in front of other higher institutions, like the government.
If you want to read in more detail what the Municipal Code is about in its entirety, Click here.
Prohibitions on being mayor, curator or counselor
After fulfilling all the requirements to be mayor of Guatemala, you must ensure that has none of the following:
- The first thing to consider is that no one disqualified judicially You can run for any of the positions of mayor, curator or councilor.
- No person who has any direct or indirect relationship with public services, nor with concessions from the municipality in question.
- If you have this a bond debt who have any relationship with municipal funds, cannot be mayor, curator or councilor.
- People who have blood or family relationship Within the standards stipulated by law with the elected mayor, they are prohibited.
- In case they provide commune services Directly or indirectly, they must be fully available to be elected.
As you may have already noticed the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala they are very easy to have.
And with this guide you know everything to be able to vote!
If you liked this article about Requirements to be mayor in Guatemala We recommend the following related articles: