Requisitos para ser maestro de Inglés en México: Documentos necesarios
Being an English teacher is a magnificent profession, if you want to know more about all the Requirements to be an English teacher in Mexico and more, you’re on the right page. Do you want to know more? Keep reading!
Next, we’ll explain everything you need to know to be an English teacher in Mexico.
What is the definition and meaning of a teacher
It is a person who after you have acquired enough knowledge, pass it on to others. He is characterized by being a patient, respectful person, with great empathy and willingness to help others.
He is also that individual who strives to teach his students values, didactic classes, specific or general knowledge, cares about his students and helps them to be better every day. regardless of age or condition.
The education is based on three factors, the study center, the students and the teacher. The teacher occupies a very important position, as he must find a way to teach through resources, support tools and methodologies.
All those aspirants who want to be teachers, must be aware of the great commitment and responsibility that this position implies, both personally and socially.
After having accepted and understood the commitment of this profession You will be able to visualize the path and the correct decisions to be able to build cultured, reflective, critical, responsible and, above all, human people.
Requirements for working as an English teacher
To apply for a job as a teacher in this foreign language, you must be over 18, and if you are a foreigner you must present your authorization to work.
In addition, you must have the bachelor’s degree you did, it’s important that you have the ability to get the job done at the location of your choice.
In Mexico, You can only work in one position as a teacherIf you have held that position elsewhere, you must resign or stop looking for another location.
And finally, if you have no experience in the fieldDo not worry, it is not a necessary requirement for recruitment.
Very well, the documents you need to be an English teacher are:
- Legal identification, current and original.
- Online process and order a specific CURP key.
- Authorization for show foreign nationality, or the birth certificate.
- Gift professional title career.
- Receipt from home.
- Yes his studies were carried out abroad, you must perform the similarity study process.
- Deliver the Curriculum Vitae with a photograph, must present all academic experiences carried out, specifically in the area of English. If you have experience in language teaching, in the public or private sector, you should put it on the curriculum.
- Required, you must prove your knowledge of the foreign language, you can do this at CPE and CAE.
- I only accept a minimum level of C1.
- also you will have to do certain exams to demonstrate your communication and pedagogy skills through the TKT, ICELT and Delta exam. even though you don’t need experience in the field to be hired, but your skills need to be tested.
Advantages and disadvantages of an English teacher
Despite being a magnificent profession, also has advantages and disadvantages that you should know about.
- Develop the initiative and creativity.
- High degree of knowledge, currently each teacher should know a little about everything.
- Take advantage of current features like social media, you can send a lot of communications and tasks via email, among others.
- Mutual learning, just as your students will learn from you, you will learn from them, You can also learn from other teachers.
- You are free from express your imagination and creativity with your studentsas long as respect is maintained.
- You will never fall into the rut since this profession offers you a wide variety and you can live different experiences.
- You will have more time enjoy with your family.
- Long Holidays, you have a few months in the summer to relax, a few weeks off in the winter and one more week in the spring.
- You should never stop studying and update your methodology.
- Oftentimes you will feel overwhelmed for the amount of work you can have.
- If you don’t find passion for running, it will be very tedious throughout its course.
- You will have to deal with students who have a hard time learning, understanding the class, or who just don’t like language classes and you will not be able to advance until everyone is on the same level.
How much does an English teacher earn?
The salary may vary, depending on the headquarters where you are, but you can earn between 23,000 and 33,000 Mexican pesos.
10 tips for being a good English teacher
Being a good teacher is the foundation of successful education for your students. If you want to be more than just a teacher, leave good knowledge to your students, these 10 tips are for you:
- Whatever the situation, you should try to put yourself in your students’ shoes and understand their concerns or difficulties, help them overcome any obstacles that arise and give them the challenges they need so that they can go far.
- You will have to prepare yourself, maybe in your new class, there are students who cost them some things or students who want to learn more than necessary, whatever the case may be, You must be patient and knowing how to deal with these types of situations, everyone should proceed at the same pace.
- In addition to explaining your knowledge, you must motivate your students to improve, learn and excel it doesn’t matter where they come from, whatever their economy or culture.
- Time to teach, you should try to get your students’ attention, carrying out creative and dynamic activities.
- In any situation or problem, you should try to find the best way to resolve the situation and find a way that your students understand the lesson that you will teach them.
- If you want that peace and harmony always remain in your classes, you must establish consistent rules and regulations, pointing to your position without falling into authoritarianism, as this would alienate their students and they would have less confidence in class time.
- Never forget where you come from, be a humble teacher this will help you succeed. You are a human being and we make mistakes; but you should be able to admit them and apologize if necessary, this will generate much more confidence in your students.
- From the first moment you will teach, you will start to be a role model for all your students, especially when answering a question or getting dressed, the first thing you should teach is respect for yourself, for colleagues and especially for you.
- Try to be as responsible as possible, prepare class structures well, get to the educational campus on time, as we mentioned earlier, be extremely creative and maintain good communication with your students, as your specialty will seem difficult at first, but gradually improve.
- Make sure your students enjoy each class. Remember that, regardless of your titles or experience, your students are the ones who will really teach you to be a teacher.
Who can be an English teacher
If you comply all documents and requirements already mentioned, are you ready to find a well-paid job in Mexico through SEP; but you must take three exams if you want to be an English teacher
As we mentioned earlier You must have CPE or CAE and TKT, ICELT or delta exam certificates. CPE or CAE certificates will prove your knowledge of English, and at least you must present C1, SEP will help cover the cost of these certifications only for the first 1,000 applicants.
TKT, ICELT or delta exam certificates They will highlight your skills, abilities and strategies for teaching the language to your students through an exam. It includes how the classroom will be administered, what will be the lesson planning and language teaching concepts.
In the words of undersecretary Jara, a teaching experience there is no need to participate, although it must have virtues in communication and teaching.
And finally You must present the exam applied by CENEVAL in which they evaluate their study and reflection skills, their interest in improving themselves as a person and teacher, among other items.
All candidates, who have such documents, requirements and certificates, can formally apply to be an English teacher.
We read later!
If you liked this article about Requirements to be an English teacher in Mexico We recommend the following related articles: