Requisitos para transporte de alimentos en Colombia: Todo lo que no te han contado
Worldwide, the distribution of products implies a great challenge, since it is necessary to act under the controls and conditions established for the correct handling of products. About food transport proper handling must be considered to avoid future contamination.
It is important that the vehicle ordered is in good condition, for the transportation of food, taking into account the temperature and other factors, so that they reach the final consumer in good condition.
This opportunity Procedures and requirements, brings you an article with everything you need to know about food transport in Colombia. Citing the conditions of the transport unit, food, inspection, among other data of interest.
For the vehicle to be part of the food transport, Colombian territory, must comply with a series of essential requirements, according to the Trade Code, which specifies the conditions that the vehicle must apply for the transport of things and the transport of food.
In this case, the requirements set out in resolution 2505 of 2004, which regulates the technical and physical aspects necessary for the correct distribution of products.
Conditions of carriage
O land transport of food, requires strict temperature control measures and compliance with certain standards for vehicles used for this activity; in order to guarantee the conservation and quality of the product, which will reach the final consumer.
In this area, the Ministry of Transport through the resolution 002505 of 2004, establishes the conditions that vehicles must meet to transport perishable food and any product that requires special conditions of refrigeration or freezing.
The conditions that the vehicle must meet according to the Ministry of Transport, are the following:
- The internal parts of the transport must be airtight, and the closing and ventilation devices must be made of corrosion resistant material. It is also necessary that the surfaces allow adequate air circulation.
- The transport unit must have a fully coated thermal insulation to reduce heat absorption.
- Transport doors must be watertight.
- The design of the vehicle must be conditioned to allow the washing water to be evacuated.
- If the vehicle is intended for the transport of chilled or frozen food, it must be properly equipped with an easy-to-read temperature monitoring system, which must be visible.
- In the case of a transport unit without refrigeration equipment, it must have a simple monitoring system.
Food and products
All over the world, companies that produce or manufacture goods have a need to distribute the products obtained to all places where they are offered for sale. Depending on the type of product, the place it is moved to, the delivery time and other factors; The transport in charge of transporting the goods must meet certain special conditions.
This is done so that the product arrives in good condition, preserved, on time and without complications of any kind.
In colombia the transport and distribution product is under control of the Government establishing the Commercial Code, which clearly issues the specific regulations that the carrier must comply with for the transport contract.
It is important to take into account the article 1014, that regulates the transportation of corruptible things, and the article 1030, which deals with the liability of the carrier.
The driver should keep in mind that the vehicle owner is responsible for any damage caused to the product being transported.
In relation to the transport of perishable foods, the conditions of Resolution 2505 of 2004, to transport according to regulations established by the Colombian government.
Inspection of food transport vehicles
In order to carry out the inspection of the vehicle destined to transport food, it must meet the following conditions:
- The vehicle must be in good condition and clean.
- It must have signs according to the type of product to be transported, which is visible.
- If the vehicle is transporting food or some raw material, it must have at least two products.
Basic manual for food transportation
O Basic manual for food transport issues information on health problems in food handling, definitions, general information about hygiene practices in food transport, cleaning, disinfection, receiving measures, among other aspects that are necessary to know in food transport.
Health problems with food handling
O food handling it has contamination risks, so this is a process that must be carried out with great caution. For this, several measures are used, both in the direct handling of food, as in the conditioning of the vehicle to reduce the risks as much as possible.
Pollution can be caused by bacteria, substances of chemical origin, among other factors considered “foreign bodies” that act as pollutants.
Usually, or in most cases, it is the bacteria that cause the contamination. Therefore, it is necessary to establish a sanitary control and maintain the appropriate temperature measures for the food to be transported.
If there is an imbalance in temperature, the bacterium has the opportunity to reproduce, which can cause disease to the final consumer of the product.
Here are some definitions set out in the basic food transport manual:
- Contaminated food product: It refers to foods that have had some contact with some bacteria or other contaminating agent.
- Chilled foods: One that must be kept at a temperature not exceeding 4 degrees Celsius.
- Frozen food: Refers to that food that must be kept at a temperature not exceeding -18 degrees Celsius.
- Food product at risk: One that runs the risk of reproduction of bacteria.
- Food suitable for consumption: Those who fulfill the conditions established in order to be consumed.
- Isothermal vehicle: It refers to that transport unit built with an insulating material, to maintain the interior temperature.
- Refrigerated transport unit: Isothermal transport unit that reduces the internal temperature of the box to maintain the appropriate temperature.
- Vehicle enabled: One that is registered and approved and authorized by the responsible entities, for food transportation.
General information about hygienic practices in food transport
It is important that the transporter takes into account that the transport unit must remain in the established conditions at all times. The transport project must be closed, with separate compartments from the driver’s cabin and must have materials that facilitate cleaning.
Responsible personnel must also comply with certain conditions for the correct handling of the product to be transported:
- Have suitable clothes: jacket, trousers, footwear and, if necessary, hat, all light colored when appropriate and in easy to wash material.
- Prior training.
- Valid health card or certificate.
- All foods must be transported, they must have the bromatological record, the corresponding label and also all the documentation of origin.
Remember that transporting food is a task that must be performed with care and caution.
If you liked this article about Requirements for transporting food in Colombia We recommend the following related articles: