Requisitos para viajar a Estados Unidos: Todo lo que necesitas saber
If traveling to the United States is in your plans, you should keep in mind that you will need your identification documents updated and current. Do you want to know the requirements for traveling to the United States? Keep reading!
What you need to travel to the United States
Travel to United States of Mexico, the following documentation is required.
- O valid passport.
- O American Visa.
How do I process the American visa
In Mexico to process the American visaIt is advisable to decide first the type of visa required, as the United States Government has different types of visas, depending on the reason for which it is requested. It also has the ESTA travel authorization and EVUS visa update program.
- The B1 visa. For people who wish to travel to the United States to participate in professional or business activities.
- B2. It is a visa for temporary travel to the United States for tourism, visits to relatives, for medical treatment for any health problem.
- Student visa F, for people who are going to do academic studies and the M student visa, for people who are going to do studies, but not academic.
- Laser or BBC, for the exclusive use of Mexicans. It is a border card.
- C1 / D. For flight crew members or members of a commercial crew.
- J. For people who intend to carry out academic exchange.
- L, H, O, P. For people who are asked by a company to perform work.
The order is placed before the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services, which will be requested by the contracting organization or company.
ESTA travel authorization, it is only for the group of 38 countries who do not need a visa to travel to the United States.
The program EVUS life upgrade, which is mandatory for Chinese nationals, and those with B1 and B2 visas can update the information.
Once the situation regarding the type of visa required is clarified, you must:
- Download the DS-160 form. American non-immigrant visa application. Entering the web page.
- Fill out Form DS-160. American non-immigrant visa application. In this form the questions are in English and the answers must also be in English.
- We should be send electronicallyand, hand filling is not accepted.
- To filling out the form generates a confirmation page, with an alphanumeric bar code; needed to schedule the appointment. You must print this page and then send a backup copy of the DS-160 by mail.
- Make an appointment for CAS and the interview at the United States Consulate. By phone or via internet.
If you do this online, you must.
- I create a user account.
- Fill in the requested data in the form. And the payment stub will be enabled.
- Join any CitiBanamex agency or Scotiabank. To make the payment. You must find out if it is by credit card or cash.
- You must return to the appointment sheet and enter the payment confirmation number on the line indicated. There, the calendar for the appointment will be arranged at the CAS and at the United States Consulate in Mexico
- Then you will be sent communicating communication day and time of consultation.
- Go to the Candidate Service Center (CAS), to deliver or take the photo. At least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Load the sheet confirmation of Form DS.160, with the barcode.
- O valid passport.
- The updated photo, in matte or glossy photo paper, color, 5 × 5, on a white background.
- O payment voucher.
Necessary requirements for the interview
O interview day To apply for an American visa, you must:
- To be 15 minutes before the indicated time.
- Be sincere in answering questions.
- Clarify the type of visa to be requested and the DHL office, where you will go to collect the visa.
- Present a valid passportat least 6 months after the length of stay in the United States.
- Submit Form DS 160 approval.
- Like him proof of payment in the original.
- Letter justifying the reason of the trip.
- Document endorsing the necessary economic funds for travel.
- Documents that prove social affinity, economic and labor in Mexico. As proof of return:
- Birth certificate.
- If you are over 18, voter card.
- Documents that demonstrate educational degree.
- Certificates that demonstrate the work you do.
- Relationship with bank that guarantees the economic resources that are owned, and proof of material goods.
- In case of visa for job application, original and copy of the petition request and the Curriculum Vitae of the studies carried out and professional experience; with the credentials that endorse it
- If the visa is approved You will need to meet him at the DHL office, which I initially select, in approximately three to four weeks.
Countries that do not need an American visa
Among countries whose citizens they don’t need a visa to travel for the United States, only a travel authorization for the ESTA program, there are:
- United Kingdom.
- New Zealand.
- San Marino.
- United Kingdom.
In addition to those already mentioned, these other countries will also not need a visa to enter the United States: Andorra, Malta, Liechtenstein, Brunei and the Czech Republic.
As well as San Marino, Singapore, Sweden, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Austria, Netherlands, Hungary and Singapore.
How long can you stay in the United States
The stay of a foreignerin the United States depends on the type of visa that was granted to you.
- The BCC or lasser visa, the person can stay 30 days.
- B1 and B2 visas, the stay is usually 180 days. At the United States Customs and Border Protection Office, the traveler must clarify the information.
- Visa M, entry into the country is allowed 10 days before, and your stay is allowed up to 30 days, after the program ends
- With the F visa, Entry into the country can be made 10 days in advance, and the permitted stay is 60 days after the program ends.
- The H visa, the person can enter 10 days Before starting to work, stay for the time indicated in the company’s request, up to 10 days after the work is completed.
- Visa J, You are allowed to enter the country 30 days prior to the start of the program and remain in accordance with its duration.
Sights that I should know in the United States
Next let’s show some of the destinations that you may be interested in knowing, depending on the state you are traveling to:
- Niagara Falls. New York.
- Times Square. New York.
- Las Vegas Strip. In Nevada.
- The Parks Walt Disney World. In Orlando. Florida.
- The Golden Gate Bridge and Fishermans Wharf. In San Francisco. California.
- The Statue of Liberty. On Liberty Island. New York.
- The Grand Canyon National Park. Arizona.
- Yellowstone national park. Wyoming.
- Yosemite National Park. In California.
- Grand Central Station. New York.
- Siesta beach. On the west coast of Florida.
- Laguna beach. In California.
- In Florida.
On the other hand, you can also visit The Navy Pier. (Chicago), El Faneuil Hall Market Place (Massachusetts), National Mall and Memorial Parks Complex (Washington DC), Great Smoky Mountains National Park (between the borders of Tennessee and North Carolina), La Kiawah Island (Northern California).
If you liked this article about Requirements for traveling to the United States We recommend the following related articles: