¿Trabajar con niños? Verifica si posees alguna inhabilidad en Chile
As parents, it is a totally normal attitude that we want to protect our children from any danger. It is an instinct as basic as it is useful to want to care for our loved ones.
Of course, we must let them live their own experiences, perhaps so that they will be heartbroken, or that they learn to eat calmly so as not to feel sick to their stomach.
However, when risks and probable dangers start to appear, we must turn on all alarms and charge to get the information we need so that nothing bad happens to them.
For this reason, state I believe in 2012 an online service which allows employers, parents and caregivers to have access to a document that allows them to verify that someone who works with children is not a danger to them.
This document is the certificate of inability to work with minors, and in this article we’ll show you everything you need to know about people who spend a lot of time with our children and with us.
What does it mean to have a disability?
AN inability for this case, it is the actions and failures that a person has committed in the past that make them a potential danger to the children with whom they can work.
Some of the offenses that can cost the inability to work with children have a history of:
- physical, psychological or emotional abuse.
- Serious injuries
- Forced labour.
All of these infractions can be perpetrated and punished under the law, forcing the accused to go through prison, especially if they are committed against a minor.
The risks that seek to prevent them from reaching children and adolescents, in addition to child abuse, are crimes similar to those mentioned above, in addition to forms of violence such as intimidation, threats, beatings, sexual abuse, among others.
Of course, someone who has not been involved in crimes before can harm our children, so we must continue to be vigilant even when it is proven that managers and caregivers do not have this criminal record.
What skills are needed to work with children?
There are many qualities that a person who is dedicated to working with children must have, from caregivers to teachers, and among them we can find the most notable:
- Be responsible and reliable, so that children feel safe around them and their representatives can leave them in their care without problems.
- Be sure of yourself. Since you are their example, children and young people need a guide that conveys that feeling of self-esteem that leads them to act and speak in an appropriate and controlled manner in any situation.
- Maturity is essential if you have to look after your children. You must know how to act sensibly and calmly, especially in emergency situations, and know how to put order and discipline without causing discomfort to students.
- Having good manners is also a quality that we pass on to the little ones in our care. If we show kindness, courtesy and respect, not only the children, but also their parents will feel at ease and calm when we are in front of them.
- Learn how to care for a child: Knowing things like what to eat, games that help them learn and have fun, and even how to change diapers, are skills that any caregiver must develop to take responsibility for children, especially younger ones.
- You must know how to adapt. Each child or teenager has a different management, they were created in different ways and have behaviors that vary depending on a number of factors. The best thing you can do is to find ways to help them, but also strategies to connect with them.
- Pthose represented protect any danger that may arise as long as they are with us. Sometimes it is about having to intervene in a family dynamic of abuse or neglect, so it is important that you are prepared to face some uncomfortable situations.
- Being able to work under pressure is very important; sometimes you will have to work against time or face difficult situations. Therefore, you must learn to control pressure, regulate stress and remain calm.
- Do your planning. Manage your time correctly between the tasks you should be dedicated to.
- Be assertive, know your environment, the children in their care and their parents, and develop strategies to control and help in the different circumstances that may arise. Often people do not know how to communicate their problems or difficulties, and the role of the caregiver is to analyze and communicate the solution they find.
- Be self-critical and seek to improve every day.
- Be positive. It is an attitude that will undoubtedly be able to translate to the minors in charge. From having a good disposition towards your work, to enjoying every moment you share with them, you will realize that you love your vocation and even inspire one or another child or teenager.
Communication with the children’s families is extremely important. Include parents in the projects, invite them to participate in the stages where their children need it most and answer any questions or concerns that may arise.
What is the certificate for?
O disability certificate It is a document that records whether a person has a history of crimes that prevent them from working with or near children, such as various acts of violence or contempt for any child or adolescent.
At the time when the child disability consultation system was created, in 2012, existed 2700 people who could not fulfill the tasks of caregivers so as not to jeopardize the integrity of any minor.
It is necessary for the query to complete and disability certificate Anyone wishing to participate in work in which they are involved with children, such as in school, day care, technical school, high school and other tasks that deserve contact with minors.
We must know if people have the mental and moral capacity to deal with our children, because even the mildest cases of abuse leave traces in them that will easily affect them, as children and young people.
O disability certificate does not show the crimes of the potential caregiver against a minor or not, but shows the Single tax function (RUT) this individual and if they are disabled. Nothing more and nothing less.
Who issues it?
O çdisability certificate is a document issued by Civil Registry and Identification of Chile.
How to obtain the certificate of disability?
So far, the Civil Registry and Identity Service has a large number of offices across the country that allows users to request, among other things, their disability certificate.
However, in order to obtain it, it is not essential that you attend a headquarters or delegation of this service, since a system has been established that allows free access to information about someone’s disability through your Web page.
Any Chilean citizen can request data from the disability certificate using this online service, as long as you have certain important information on hand to go through the process.
It is an open system 24 hours by day so that all citizens can take care of their paperwork without scheduling problems and even more quickly and easily.
The incorrect use of the disability certificate will result in fines between two and ten Monthly tax units.
Not you need No physical document to go through this process. But it is important that you deal with the following data so that you can get the disability certificate:
- The number of Single tax function (RUT) of the person you want to consult.
- The full name of the person to be verified.
- Your number Exclusive tax function (RUT).
- Your full name, if you are the applicant, but not the owner.
O Deficiency record allows you to access the information needed to find out if a person has a history of crimes that could endanger the health or integrity of a minor, from possession of inappropriate material with minors, theft or intimidation, to sexual abuse.
There is a simple method by which you can demonstrate or find out if a person (or you) has this history and, if not, show that you are not prevented from working with children.
- Access the link to consult and obtain the disability certificate, which you can access by clicking on here.
- Fill in the boxes for the candidate with your RUN, Maternal and paternal full names and surname.
- Continue with the boxes where required ROUTINE and your company name. This data can be optionally added.
- Add the details of the person you want to consult, your RUN and full name.
- Complete the anti-bot check by placing the text they show in the small image.
- Accept the terms and conditions (after reading everything carefully).
- Press send.
- Ready! The system generates the çanddisability certificate at the moment, looking for coincidences between those registered, issuing a document that indicates whether or not you can start working with children and adolescents.
Parents will always be concerned with ensuring the well-being of their children, and state created a tool that allows us to prevent many incidents that can harm those we love: the certificate of incapacity to work with minors.
In addition, the other side of the coin is that anyone who wants to be hired to deal with children can ensure that they do not engage in inappropriate behavior and dedicate themselves to their vocation without a doubt that torment the environment.
It is obvious that we can never protect our children from everything bad 100%, but in what we can do, we are sure that we will fight tooth and nail to take care of our pampered ones.
If you liked this article about Disability Certificate We recommend the following related articles: