Tramita tu cita médica en el IMSS fácilmente
Do you know anything about doctor’s appointments which can be requested with the support of the prestigious Institute that serves Social Security beneficiaries IMSS?
What is IMSS?
O Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) It is an institution of the federal government, autonomous and tripartite, that is, it includes the State, Employers and Workers.
IMSS takes care of offering health and social security services, as long as you are registered with the institution. Participants in this institution are called policyholders or cardholders. Affiliated people receive a number also called SSN
The IMSS, with the largest presence in the area of health and social protection since its origins in 1943, does so by combining the investigative part and the medical practice, applying good administration so that its insured at some point can retire with tranquility and stability for the insured and his family.
- Program, execute and evaluate the Social Action Plan for each territory.
- Design, develop and evaluate the Institute’s service system (planning and evaluation, catalog of services and advantages and operating system) within the general framework of the sector’s system and according to the set of programmatic and evaluative tools established by the Barcelona City Council and regulatory implementation related to social services.
- Address of the Company’s Food Delivery Service and Food Service.
- Urgent Accommodation Directorate.
- Direction and elaboration of cooperative projects, in groups and communities.
- Promote and organize, internally and externally, other social services that the City Council attributes to IMSS
- Make the operational programming of the Institute agreeing with most areas of the City that its neighborhoods are also possible
- Cooperate with other existing local services, such as the social and commercial initiative, to improve the well-being of people and the community.
- Promote citizen participation processes at all levels of the Institute’s performance, by creating participation and consultation bodies where the most important sectors of the social community are involved.
- Promote the operational participation of the Institute’s staff in different organizational sectors, in order to achieve innovation and the constant improvement of service production, always based on teamwork.
How to request medical consultation by phone?
Through the institute’s service number, the user can take all doubts and make all inquiries regarding their status at IMSS
In addition to the contact number of the IMSS you can communicate through your website www.imss.gob.mx. There you will find everything you need to know, you can get a contact chat in addition to emails and finally you have the option of going directly to physical offices located across the country.
The IMSS Hotline
- IMSS Phone: 01 800 623 2323
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 7 pm Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- If in person: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
This phone line benefits IMSS users, as they can do their paperwork.
Currently, the IMSS is the largest health care provider in the country. It is estimated that about half of Mexicans are registered or related to the IMSS
How to make an IMSS appointment by phone?
If you are interested in making an appointment at the Mexican Social Security Institute, you will find highly qualified specialists here. You can call 01 800 681 2525 for free. Appointments are scheduled based on your preferred time (afternoon or morning). We recommend that you make your reservation in advance to have more options when making your choice.
Due to the long lines that were made in the waiting rooms of medical centers, new schedules were added, which allowed improving the service to all centers belonging to the Social Security Institute.
In IMSS 01800 you can check the availability of the offices and the medical unit. The advantage of doing the process over the phone is that it has no cost. As there is a lot of demand, it may happen that you need to make several calls before communicating.
How do I request my phone consultation?
- Dial the number 4000 1000 option 1 Mexico City and the Metropolitan Area. If you are not in any of these two areas and you are in another area of the country, you must add the number 0155 and that’s it, you can book your appointment.
- Provides the RFC number
- Provide the full name of the IMSS user.
- If you want to check the availability of the appointment, enter the date and time in the system.
- Use your assigned password to schedule To schedule the date and time of the appointment
Steps to follow
By calling 01 800 681 2525, in a few minutes you will have your appointment scheduled.
You can make an appointment approximately 30 days in advance, but you can make an appointment 12 hours in advance.
IMPORTANT: Consultations are scheduled in the morning or at night only for consultation with your family doctor and stomatology.
The operator will ask you for the following: Full name of the patient you wish to consult, social security number, medical unit and assignment office, as well as the shift in which you are consulting.
If you make calls from a public phone you will have no charge, however, if you call from a home or cell phone the call will have an additional cost.
It can be said that it is an immediate process, in a few minutes you get the desired consultation and the peace of mind of already having a place of care with the specialist doctor without having to wait.
The operator will ask you the day you want to make an appointment and inform you of the available times so that you can choose the option you want. It is important that you keep the confirmation code that the operator will give you at the end of the process
If you are one of the users who are unable to schedule an appointment during the week due to work occupation, please be advised that the contact number will also allow you to make appointments on Saturdays and Sundays
ANOTHER OPTION: In the IMSS digital App, through this application you can make your appointments from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
If, after completing the process, you have any questions, you can calmly call IMSS: 01 800 623 23 23 where you will provide timely information and clarify your doubts about institutional procedures and services.
IMSS mobile app
As already mentioned, the Institute has the IMSS digital App. This new form of requesting medical appointments is an innovative service that presents the Mexican Social Security Institute. Thanks to this new feature, the strategy of digitizing procedures has increased considerably, since 8 out of 10 users can perform this procedure over the Internet.
The IMSS Digital mobile app also offers the following features:
- Registration or consultation of the Social Security Number (SSN): Through this application, beneficiaries can consult or register their SSN.
- Discharge or change of clinic: If you change your residence at any time you wish, you can change your IMSS clinic where you receive health services.
- Query of validity of rights: You can check the validity status of the user’s rights.
- Property directory: You can find IMSS clinics, hospitals and pharmacies
- Health information: Provides information on prevention and health care.
How it works?
This new application works very simply. The first thing you should do is download it on your smartphone and access it. You can see three options on the screen: «Find, process and health«
- If you enter the first option, You can access a map with IMSS facilities, such as pharmacies, hospitals, there is also the option to enter your zip code and you will immediately see the family medicine units or clinics nearby.
- In the second, if you are interested Here you can find the CPF number (CPF), also check the validity of the rights, change the clinic or register, if so you must enter your CURP and e-mail.
- On the third sector you will find the services to schedule or consult a medical consultation, carry out the questionnaires to learn prevention tips, as well as carry out the check-up questionnaires online.
If you have any questions about the application or any comments about it on the screen, you will see that there is a contact number you can call.
Now you know that through the application and online you can schedule an appointment with the family doctor, yours and your benefactors.
- You don’t have to stay in long lines.
- It’s quick and easy.
- You must have CURP in hand.
- Provide your email.
We will read soon!
If you liked this article about IMSS medical consultation We recommend the following related articles: