Trámite y requisitos para pasaporte en Guatemala
The passport is like the identity card that people have internationally, because in the same document are our most important personal data, such as full name, age, date of birth and nationality.
As all documents require certain steps and requirements to be able to obtain the Passport, In the case of Guatemala, the passport process is shown below.
Requirements for processing passport
The requirements to be able to process the passport are simple to obtain, such as the personal identification document that every Guatemalan citizen must have, the * decoration card and the payment receipt to be able to process the passport, these documents are passport requirements.
In the case of minors, they must do the procedure to obtain the passport in the presence of their parents or their legal representative with them passport requirements As is the birth certificate, if the legal representative is not the father of the minor, he must present a document that proves the family bond he has with the minor to obtain the passport.
Note: Today, the Guatemalan immigration department does not address the request for prior appointment for passport You must go with your documents to the immigration department and wait for them to give you a number to be answered. Service passport application This is Monday to Friday, from eight in the morning to four-thirty in the afternoon
Documents required to process passport
Documents that are passport requirements to obtain a passport in Guatemala and must be delivered as follows:
- Personal Identification Document in original and copy.
- Ornate ticket valid in original and copy
- Proof of payment based on $ 50 from any BANRURAL branch. This voucher is valid for one year.
- People over 60 years of age do not have an ornament ticket.
Minors must also have the following
documents to obtain a passport and thus travel with your family outside the territory of Guatemala. these are the passport requirements that minors need:
- Personal identification document of the parents or, failing that, of the legal representative in original and copy.
- Valid birth certificate, must be valid for a maximum of six months on the day of passport application
- 50 dollar payment slip at any BANRURAL branch, it is worth remembering that this note is valid for one year
- In case of loss or loss of the personal identification document, a complaint must be filed with the Public Ministry or the National Civil Police and proof of the replacement process in the National Register of Persons(RENAP).
- If the procedure is to obtain the Personal Identification Document for the first time, you cannot present proof of National Personnel Registration (RENAP), You must present your Personal Identification Document, that is, if you have to wait to obtain your personal identification document in order to obtain your passport, provided that you are in the process of processing this personal identification document.
- If your personal identification document has the logo of the National Registry of Persons (RENAP)on the back, you will need to present a recently issued birth certificate.
- The proof of payment must be in the name of the person who will process the passport, even if the person who will obtain the passport is a minor.
- Payment is made in quetzales, the equivalent of $ 50
The cost of the passport is equivalent to 50 dollars and must be paid in quetzales, payment can be made at any branch of BANRURAL
Passport issuance time
The time of issue of the passport will be indicated by the employee of the migration entity that assists you in the processing of the passport, when the process to be able to issue the passport is completed, you must provide this information to be able to retrieve the document, the day and the time agreed more the address where the document will be delivered.
Disorder and lack of information to process passport on continuing migration
Alex Fernando Rojas- In the past few weeks it has become clear how the management of a passport fed a network of processors and after the actions announced by the General Directorate of Migration, the situation promised improvements. It happened, but it did not imply efficiency in the service.
There are dozens of people with their eyes lost, there is no Migration official who tells you which stationery should be presented, where to queue or what is the nomination process, a weakness that the processors around the place of money enjoy.
For more information about the article visit https://m.prensalibre.com/guatemala/comunitario/pasaportes-guatemala-2018-migración-guatemala-tramitadores-pasaportes
The passport in Guatemala, as in all countries, is valid for 5 years, after that time it must be renewed with the same documents that you used the first time you obtained it, but this time you must add the expired passport.
Passport issuing offices
Where can you get your passport?
To obtain a passport in Guatemala, you can process the process at the Passport Issuing Office number 6, on Avenida 1-27, zona 4. Sr. Bodeguitas shopping center in the capital and at three more delegations located 3 in the departments of Chiquimula, Petén and Quetzaltenango.
Personal Identification Document: it is a document that replaces the Neighborhood Identity Card, which expired after 82 years of validity, and which will serve to process the passport that Guatemalans must have for the order before the eventual approval of an Immigration Reform Integral
* Adornment ticket: It is mandatory for municipal procedures (construction, IUSI, water orders, requests to the City Council, Property records in the register, drainage, opening of companies and municipal solvencies, among others)
If you liked this article about Requirements for obtaining a passport We recommend the following related articles: