Trámites y Requisitos para Visa USA
Visa is a conditional authorization, usually granted to a foreign citizen at the embassy of the destination country;
it is placed in the passport by the authorities, indicating that the document has been examined and is valid.
Visas are used as rules established by a country, in this case the United States, which allows the free transit of a foreigner.
Before traveling from Peru to the United States, remember that it is necessary to obtain a visa, find out here the Procedures and requirements for Visa USA.
Requirements for applying for a visa to the USA
There are requirements demanded by the authorities of each embassy in the different countries where they are located, in this case, the requirements for applying for a visa to the USA, are as follows:
- Be a legal citizen of Peru.
- Have a valid passport lasting up to six (06) months after the trip.
- Ensure the existing reasons for returning to your country of origin.
How to justify the reason for the trip?
The reason for the trip is directly related to the type of visa to request to enter American territory.
In this sense, there are two types of visa, the immigrant visa it’s from not immigrants.
In the case of non-immigrants, it can be proved that the reason is for vacation, however, it is necessary to present the document that indicates that you have a job, specifying your function, income and financial documents that indicate the properties in your name.
In the same order of ideas, if they have children, they must attach the study certificate to the application, indicating where they are studying, in which grade, among others.
However, it is essential to note that the visa is approved based mainly on the interview, more than in the documents sent.
You may also be interested in «Requirements for traveling from Peru to Spain»
Steps to process the American visa
The steps to effectively process the American visa are as follows:
- First, you must obtain a recent photograph (of the last six (06) months, approximately, in digital format, in color, with a black and white background, and with exact measurements of 5 centimeters x 5 centimeters.
- Then, the applicant must complete the DS-160 form online. It is important to take into account that the form must be made in English language, therefore not It should be used neither the letter ñ nor accents.
It must be printed after completion, which must take place no later than 72 hours before the embassy interview.
- Subsequently, you must register with the embassy’s official account in order to create a virtual account, where in addition to receiving information on the type of visa, you must select the country of origin, which in this case is Peru.
When filling in the requested information, you will schedule the appointment and obtain proof of payment for canceling the amount established for that procedure.
- The fourth step is to go to any Scotiabank branch, which is the entity determined for this process in Peru, and pay the amount indicated on the payment receipt.
- The fifth step is mainly based on the validation of the scheduling, which must be done one day after the cancellation of the procedure fee and, in turn, verifies the scheduling date.
- The penultimate step is to attend the interview, which will not take more than five (05) minutes, but which will be the determining factor in the visa remittance to the applicant.
You must be punctual and send the documents mentioned above.
- Finally, if you are selected to acquire a visa, you must go to the embassy or consulate authorities to collect the passport that will have the document attached.
If you are interested in traveling to the United States, you should keep in mind that you need to acquire your visa.
So, before you start planning your trip, know the types of visas that exist and what is needed for your stay in the United States.
In this sense, US visa types are based on jobs, they are among them:
- Business and tourism visa (B1 / B2): The B1 visa is indicated for temporary business trips; On the other hand, the B2 visa is ideal for tourist purposes, or in its defects due to medical treatments.
It is very important to keep in mind that when entering the United States with these two types of visas, you are not able to get a job
For this reason, the authorities carefully check that the applicants have sufficient resources for the planned stay in the country, as well as the ties that bind the individual to the country of origin to ensure that he has reason to return to his country.
- The Immigrant Visa It is divided into five categories, which differ in employment, are as follows:
- EB-1 Visa; It is assigned to foreigners with extraordinary skills, or company personnel who are transferred to the United States, this visa allows permanent residence in the territory.
- EB-2 Visa; With intent to foreigners with science, arts or business skills advanced and practical degree in marginal areas of the United States.
- EB-3 Visa; It is given to skilled workers, professionals and other workers, who do not qualify for EB-1 or EB-2.
- EB-4 Visa; It is attributed to working, religious immigrants, who served for the United States government, widowers of American citizens, that is, they are those who qualify to obtain the green card as special immigrants.
- EB-5 Visa; It is the one that allows you to aspire to permanent residence, It is obtained when the individual invests between $ 500,000 and $ 1,000,000 in a work area, which provides ten (10) workers, excluding the investor and his family.
Where is the American Embassy in Peru?
It is important to know the location of the American embassy in your country, in the particular case of Peru, the embassy is located at:
- Avenida la Encalada, block 17 s / n Surco, Lima 33; Peru.
telephone: (51-1) 619-2000
The e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the Embassy of Peru in the USA?
In the United States there are several embassies or consulates in different states among them are:
- Washington; 1700 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington DC.
- Atlanta; 4360 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Suite 580 Atlanta, GA 30341.
- Boston; 20 Park Plaza, Suite 511 Boston, MA 02116.
- Chicago; Suite 180 North Michigan Avenue 1830.
- The angels; 3450 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 800.
- Miami; 1401 Ponce de Leon Blvd Coral Gables, FL 33134.
- San Francisco; 870 Market St. Suite 1075.
- New York; Permanent Mission to the UN of Peru, 445 East 67th Street New York, NY 10065.
How long does it take to process the visa for the USA?
There is no specific time, because it varies according to the type of visa you applied for, however, It can be within seven (07) days to fifteen (15) days.
When your visa is approved, is sent to a DHL agency, (prior agreement with the applicant), according to the embassy’s policies, there is no additional cost for such sending.
If your visa is denied, you will be notified in advance, as indicated in your interview.
Another travel option is Mexico. «Find out what the requirements are for traveling from Peru to Mexico.»
How much does it cost to process the visa for the USA?
Currently the visa process in Peru for the United States has a cost of $ 160, which must be deposited in the bank indicated above.
It is important to keep in mind that if the application for obtaining an American visa is denied, you must apply again from the beginning, which means that you must cancel the fee corresponding to the procedure, equivalent to $ 160 USD again.
- Before planning your trip from Peru to the United States, it is essential to apply for a visa, as it will allow legal entry into the territory.
- Do not forget that there are different types of visas that vary basically in terms of privileges or opportunities that the citizen has in the United States in the field of work.
Finally, we leave you with a curious fact: according to the statistics presented by the United States Embassy in Peru, about 80% of visa applications are approved, so it is essential before starting the application process, to know US visa requirements and procedures, and thus avoid being part of the 20% of the Peruvian population who are denied an American visa.
If you liked this article about We recommend the following related articles: